New Owner!!! So Many Questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelleykat

Hello All!! I feel like I have come to the right place. Harvard for Beardies. I was just wondering if you knew of a book. I could buy, to give me the info I need about my Beardies. I adopted two beardies from a friend that took over a friends apt. And just left these two guys. I have separated them now and they seem to be happier. I just need info on everything!! From Holding them, to temperatures of tanks, pooping. Impaction. How often does that happen??? If you could recommend I would appreciate. How often do they need to be paid attention too. I am a busy working Mom maybe they should be with someone that has more time for them. I am sooooo confused

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Where you post in the future depends on what you have to post. There are different sections for different things.

A good website like this is probably your best, and most up to date, information you will find. Books tend to grow old quickly.

You can also check out http://www.beardietales.net The caresheets there are very relevant and just compiled this year.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Ernie

kelleykat

Original Poster
Maybe I did not post in the right area before. I have a ton of questions. I posted them on Monday. Someone helped me out with, The two needed to be separated. I did that, I know what to feed them. More I guess about there tank. What kind of lighting, I know they need UVB, basking and heat. What kind or strength? One keeps digging like all day long. Do they like to dig? She is not eating right now except for worms... is that common. She pooped so I know she is okay there. How will I know when they are happy?? Do they do something, I heard they are affectionate again, How will I know? Do people just let them roam around the house??? Just a few of the many, if you have any advice.
Thank you,
Bonnie and Clydes Mom

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
kelleykat":94918 said:
Maybe I did not post in the right area before. I have a ton of questions. I posted them on Monday. Someone helped me out with, The two needed to be separated. I did that, I know what to feed them. More I guess about there tank. What kind of lighting, I know they need UVB, basking and heat. What kind or strength? One keeps digging like all day long. Do they like to dig? She is not eating right now except for worms... is that common. She pooped so I know she is okay there. How will I know when they are happy?? Do they do something, I heard they are affectionate again, How will I know? Do people just let them roam around the house??? Just a few of the many, if you have any advice.
Thank you,
Bonnie and Clydes Mom
Why dont you start with letting us know exactly what you have now like the size of the tank,substrate,lighting etc.It will elp narrow down what you need.Also if they were a M/F combo then may I ask how old she is?The diggin could be a sign she is gravid.You will know when they are happy when they dont have stress marks,eat well,are passive generally you can tell their disposition just by looking.They are affectionate at times,they do like human interaction and as for letting them roam yes you can so long as you dont have any predator pets(cat,dog,big birds,etc)and there isnt any place dangerous they could get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom