Sleep habbits of a young beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdt248

My little guy curls up in a corner at night. Sometimes close to the heat source and sometimes far away. But always on the bottom of his enclosure. Is this normal?
Mike

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Taz (he's almost 5 months old now) prefers to sleep on the floor...actually under his paper towels (he gets mad if he can't get under them lol). How cool are your night temps though?
Abi

mdt248

Original Poster
Hi Abi
The temp's are around 70 to 75 at night. I do use a small IR light at night on the "heated side" and nothing on the cold side which stays around 65 t0 70.
Mike

Kaitlyn55

Hatchling Member
amalsg07":97946 said:
Taz (he's almost 5 months old now) prefers to sleep on the floor...actually under his paper towels (he gets mad if he can't get under them lol). How cool are your night temps though?
Abi
HA! mine does that too!

mdt248

Original Poster
A friend wrote me back and said it is normal. She is a wealth of knowledge. Even said she puts little "blankets" in for her beardies. "They're just puppies with scales". :D I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know.
Mike

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Kaitlyn55":aade2 said:
amalsg07":aade2 said:
Abi
HA! mine does that too!
LOL, I know...he got so mad one night he actually started to black beard (he's done this once before because he got mad at me). It's gotten to the point where I just try to leave a corner of his paper towels up a little bit so he doesn't have to try so hard lol.
mdt248":aade2 said:
A friend wrote me back and said it is normal. She is a wealth of knowledge. Even said she puts little "blankets" in for her beardies. "They're just puppies with scales". :D I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know.
Mike
Hi Mike,
I totally agree. The other morning I found Kaira had attempted to do it also, which she never has before. I've thought about putting some sort of "cave" in at night for Taz, though. We can't use blankets...he's still battling coccidia, so paper towels and non-porous stuff only. I'm sure your little guy will love that though! :D
Abi

mdt248

Original Poster
:?: Hi Abi.
Okay I'm new to this. What is coccidia? symptoms, causes etc..
Mike...worried now

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Mike,
Coccidia is a parasite that is in their digestive tracts naturally, but when the numbers get out of control they can cause problems. I have to get my two to bed, but if you send me a PM I can tell you more or you can find some info on
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/home.html
or here, specifically
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Parasites.html
or you can search the site, just type in "coccidia" or "parasites" (something to that sort and you'll find a bunch of threads). I can tell you specifically about our experiences with coccidia, if you'd like, too. My two are just up a little too late because of a spider scare lol. I'll be back on in a little while though. :D
Don't worry, though. It's a common thing & our two are fine now.
Oh, and thank you! Their quite a handful lol.
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom