Rep-Cal Calcium powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddragons

Juvie Member
OK so I have been using the Rep-Cal with D3 to dust my crix and supers at each feeding....twice a day. I just picked up some w/o D3 so when I am I supposed to use it? Am I supposed to use one of these on my daily greens.....that they hardly touch anyway but it's a good decoration for the viv each day... :)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
The calcium with D3 is for when you use a florescent UVB source. The calcium without D3 is for use with MVB or natural sunlight. A good MVB (and real sunshine) produces D3 naturally, so it is not needed. If you use a florescent tube, see if you can take the stuff with D3 back or exchange it.

ETA: You only need to dust one feeding a day with calcium. If its a young dragon, 5x weekly.. less for an adult.
Also, are you using a multivitamin?

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
NegativeCreep":31e7c said:
The calcium with D3 is for when you use a florescent UVB source. The calcium without D3 is for use with MVB or natural sunlight. A good MVB (and real sunshine) produces D3 naturally, so it is not needed. If you use a florescent tube, see if you can take the stuff with D3 back or exchange it.

ETA: You only need to dust one feeding a day with calcium. If its a young dragon, 5x weekly.. less for an adult.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ernie

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
What should I be using for a multi and how often? And I thought you are always supposed to dust live food every feeding.

NegativeCreep":4007c said:

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OK, thanks. How is it used? On live bugs or on the salad cuz all mine are barely touching there greens.

NegativeCreep":b7e36 said:
Here's the good stuff!

http://www.petmountain.com/product/supplements/105550/rep-cal-herptivite.html

Use this 2x weekly for a young dragon, and 1x weekly for an adult.. I think!

ETA: No, one feeding is sufficient daily. In fact, the older they get, you can cut back. Check around on some other threads here, or search for "supplements" or "adult supplements"
There's a ton of information here about proper use of supplements.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
You can put it on the insects by putting them in a plastic/paper bag or a jar and shaking them up gently to coat with the powders. When they start eating more veg then you can just sprinkle it on the veggies. Once they are adults, they won't be needing it as much, but you may still be able to supplement the feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom