one more please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

raleej337

Yeah I know… from the previous post I admitted that I am a beardie addict like most of the people here. God help me, this addiction is making my bank account dry.

Early August I purchased my first BD from a reptile store, she’s Red x Yellow (that’s all I’ve got from the store, I don’t know what kind of red or yellow is it, can’t even trace back the parents morph so it is plain red x yellow). Anyway she’s healthy and one eating machine, we’ve got her at 6” and in a month she grew to a huge 9” and weighs 40g. My daughter and I loved her so much. But that’s only the start, before the end of September I bought another BD from a forum member (the other BD forum…sorry) this time it is a Yellow Hypo Pastel (parents: Yellow Hypo Pastel x Red/Orange German Giant) with clear nails. I’ve told my wife that it would be the last, at least now I have a male and a female and in the future I will try to breed them. I even made a wood enclosure for them, a two level condo as I’ve called it. With this economy spending so much for a pet is not practical. But I am an addict…two or three weeks ago I have been looking at those pretty hypos in the net and voila I’ve decided I need another BD. Last week I’ve purchased a Tangerine Hypo with clear nails (Tangerine Hypo X Chris Red/OGG/Sandfire/Blood) from a breeder in Kansas (found him from Kingsnake.com classified). Over the weekend I have been building another enclosure for her. The two level condo is now a three level condo. Again I’ve told my wife, this will be the last…promise! Well, I don’t know how long before I break that promise, this last always have something in line, what’s next a Leucistic? Transluscent?

Here are the pics of my growing BD family:

Sydney – Female – Red x Yellow
IMG_4660-04.jpg

Austin – Male – Yellow Hypo Pastel
IMG_4658-03-1.jpg

Missy – Female – Tangerine Hypo
IMG_4650-02-1.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

I won't even say how many we have now. All my spare time is spent with the beardies and all my spare change spent on beardie items or beardie food. But I do love my beardies. Its NEVER safe to look at "just one more beardie". There is never just ONE more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom