How to ship an adult beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishheadJunkie

I posted my female beardie in the "for free" section and have had alot of interest from other states, like Indiana and Maryland. If I were to decide to ship her, how does someone go about doing it? What's needed..container, food, etc? How do you keep the beardie warm or is that not needed. How much would it cost? I'd hate to stress her out. Thanks for the help.

Steve

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
FishHeadJunkie,

You are going to need a couple of things.

1. A Styro lined box. You can pick one up from lllreptile or some online store. First I would stop at my local pet store and see. If you get something bigger than 12x9x6 it can get expensive to ship.
2. Your gonna want a plastic container, from Walmart, that you can poke wholes in and that she will fit in. You will most likely be curving her tail to her side.
3. Packing material, we use shredded newspaper which is virtually free to us.
4. Heat pack
5. If the weather gets cold like into the 30's permanently you are going to want to add some insulation. I do this by adding a laying of house insulation, the foam stuff, to the layer of styro inside my box. However, this may get a little tight depending on the plastic container.

Your going to want to open the heat pack and put it in the box closed for a couple of hours before you put your dragon in the box and out in the cold. They only work in an enclosed space. We recently shipped in the lower forties without the extra liner and was told that the inside of the box was room temperature. Which is more than ok.

We ship via FedEx overnight for delivery by 10:30. The last shipment was not dropped until 11:30 but he made it ok.

The biggest key is to check your temps and the temps of the reciever. If they are no lower than 30 degrees in the night time your are good to go. Typically Monday through Wednesday is best.

The materials you should expect to pay 15 for and the shipping is 50 usually.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom