Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I just wanted to say a thanks for this site, and a thanks for all the questions, answers, and help here.

Yesterday I had a customer who got a BD who he recently adopted. I asked size of cage and all - everything seemed to be good except I suggested he look into getting a bigger tank soon. He as mainly conerned with the way the bd was acting - lazy, mostly sleeping, not really eating, etc. I told him that it sounded like brumation. I gave him this site and told him about the article - he was very relieved that it was pretty much "normal behavior", and I was relieved I could help him.

I had another customer interested in adopting a water dragon that had lost part of his tail. We cannot sell these animals, but instead have them checked out by the vet and then when cleared we put them up for adoption. I thought the care was much like that of a bd, but printed a caresheet to be sure. It is much the overall same except that wd like more humidity. He had mentioned that they had a bd before, but it had passed and they didn't know why. I asked all the questions about light, substrate, heat, uvb, etc. He had no clue what the uvb was and stated that when they got the bd nothing was mentioned about uvb. I said that I cannot be sure of course, but seeing as the bd had no uvb that that was probably the issue. I explained how wd (and bd's) need the uvb as well and I explained the reasons why. One way that I put it to him is that it is one of the most important things - yes, they need heat, etc. but that if they do not have uvb they cannot process their food, especially the calcium from their food and it can cause severe problems including calcium deficiency. That uvb is almost numero uno!
He was very happy with the fact that I was able to explain this to him and that although the bd they had had passed, that he was able to find out what was probably the issue. He was also very happy with my explanation of uvb and walked out the happy owners of a water dragon.

So thanks again for helping me, and helping me help others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom