Upset by animal show at library today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
It was called "Frogs, Bugs and Animals" and I went with my SIL and niece. He had a bearded dragon along with a tree frog, sugar glider, tortoise, chicken, hedgehogs, bunnies, toads, and cockroaches. First of all, he told the kids to be careful with the beardie's tail because if it broke off it would "take a long time to grow back". Also, the male beardie was only about 15" and 250g, very small. After the show, I told him that their tails do NOT grow back and asked him how old his beardie was. He had to check which one it was since he has 3 that he uses, and said that it was 5 years old.

The beardie was left on an overturned bucket in the middle of a room with about 50 kids (2-10yo) coming unsupervised and mauling him. He was just one of many animals but was the only one sitting on TOP of a bucket instead of inside of one. At one point, he jumped off of the bucket and some random mother was trying to pick him back up so I ran over and planted myself at his side from that point on to babysit. His belly was absolutely covered with dark stress marks, he was ice cold and had quite a bit of dried shed stuck to him in different spots. Oh, and he also had dried white poop smear all over his tail and back legs. I have already written an email to him with some care info and links. But I'm just so mad!

Here is the link to his show info:
http://www.performersandprograms.com/program.cfm?id=3686&region=7

And an article where another of his shows is mentioned, including making the animals (even the beardie) have jumping contests!
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18764245&BRD=1170&PAG=461&dept_id=7021&rfi=6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom