Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm Pretty sure I know the answer But I have two beardies now. Patty is 3-4 months old and Wack is 4 weeks old. I have a 40 breeder tank and I was wondering if I could put them in together? I talked to a couple of pet chains and they all said that it wouldnt be a problem but something tells me otherwise. I figured the 3 days that I have been a member here and all the great info I have gotten that you all know a whole lot more than the pet stores. So what do you think?

Thanks again
John

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
There is a possibility that they could live together, but it is much more likely that it would be detrimental to their health in the long run. While lots of people on here have beardies that have lived together their whole lives and wouldn't like to be separated, I think it would unwise to purposely put your two together when they are already happily living apart.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
No, beardies do not need companions. They are solitary creatures and should be housed as such.

renich

Juvie Member
beardies are not social with each other. i would get separate vivs for yours and keep them from seeing each other.. if they are housed together, typically one of them would become dominant over the other. the intimidated one would suffer and could potentially die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom