Thinking of Making Info Folder for Petco

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
As you all know I work for the wonderful Petco :shock: . I have expressed issues I try to remember to tell customers interested in beardies that are not included in the Petco care sheet, and so have many of you.

I am thinking of, actually pretty much going to make an info folder for myself and other associates containing extra information on beardie care, and I also want to include other animals - small animals, birds, other reptiles.
I am thinking it would be best to have somewhat lengthy info as perminant stays in the folder, but also making copies outlining some of the most important issues that the customers can have and take home - in addition to the caresheet :study: . At first customers will not want to stand there for hours reading lengthy material :roll: , so I want the outlined copies to state the most important facts that need to be addressed and pointed out (impaction, brumation, soaking, etc). I am also going to list some web sites and books that will be good for further knowledge about care. Please remember that I am going to have to state things carefully - I cannot totally go against Petco's way of doing things. Example: "Calci-sand, crushed walnut, etc. are substrates that are sometimes used for bearded dragons. If these substrates are chosen, they need to be handled with much care as they CAN cause impaction. These types of substrates are NOT to be used with juvenille (young) beardies or any other type of young reptile." This may not be exactly how I put it, but so you get the point.

If you have any suggestions on what needs to be added to both the permanent information in the folder, and the outline they can take home, PLEASE let me know here! Also include any books and websites that are of much help to you :help: :book: . The only one I really know of is this one :wink:

Thanks =)

I also work for petco, and have been thinking about the same thing. I also express to customers that as sand may not be the best for any young reptile, it is an option to them. I usually spend a lot more time with people interested in the reptiles than anything else, just to make sure they have the correct knowledge about the animal they're interested in purchasing. A lot of people don't realize how much care beardies need. So in all honesty, i end up talking a majority of people out of buying certain reptiles. I don't do it on purpose, it just ends up happening. But the people really interested enjoy all of the extra knowledge. So back to you're idea, i may have to see what you've got going and i may try to do this myself also.

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
Sounds like a great idea, if they will allow it in the stores! May I suggest that you put in something about beardies being solitary animals? I think it is important for newbies to beardies, to know that they don't need roommates.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well I think you know what needs to be written in,dont you :wink: NO calcisand,coil,compact uvb,or mealworms,change uvb every 6 monthe,get a digi probe therm for best temps,no under tank heaters,no multiple housing,calcium supplementation schedules,etc.I would go through the care sheet links and start by using those then do a quick highlights page summarizing all and voila!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
You may also want to be brand specific on things like uvb,vitamins,etc.An emergency med kit is a good idea also.What I mean is make a list of things people should have on hand in case of emergency like babyfoos,betadine,neosporin,repta aid,probiotics,breakable heat packs in case of power outages,etc.Also a website link sheet may be a good idea also :mrgreen:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
dolphinsilversea01":9f1f4 said:
Oh, good stuff!! See... keep it comin :D
Your making my brain hurt forcing me to think...this is unhealthy :wink:
:lol: I know how about a link to my petiton :lol:
Seriously I would also add a symptoms warning sheet as well.You know things like excessive gaping,mucous,breathing=RI seek vet care, leg paralysis,no bowel movements,vomitting,lethargy=Impaction,twitching,seizures,paralysis=calcium deficiency/MBD....you could also print out articles on things like brumation,acceptable veggie list,supportive care with meds,etc

therese30

Oh my goodness I never thought about power outages. I will be getting some warmers at walmart tomorrow. Bless your heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom