I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
You cant find one.There are very few and most dont live very long. The only adults currently in existance that I know of are Zak and Wheezie and they are DEFINATELY NOT for sale.Sorry.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Z&W are incredible, but two-headed dragons are not something just can just buy. Sadly, when the amazing animals are born alive, they usually don't live. To want an animal like this would be sort of reckless.
IMHO, Z&W are miracles.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
And plus they are extremely expensive. I think Z&W were offered what? $10,000? I can't remember but alot of money.
SOmeone did try and sell a two headed gargoyle gecko.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
First off............Welcome to BD.org! :D

I do know of 2 other 2-headed beardies at this time other than Zak-n-Wheezie. Bert & Ernie of Valley Dragons are about 5 months old now, the last I heard from Jamie they were still doing well.
An I know a man in Southern California that has a 2-headed that is just over 4 months. Both of these are miracles too, as normally they do not live over 4 months. I'm not sure if he'd be willing to sell or not, but my guess is not.

But as Poison said you better have a lot of money as I have been offered 78,000.00 for Zak-n-Wheezie.
But I don't think that anyone with one of these amazing creatures would actually sell them. They are very time consuming and take very special care. Once one has been devoted to such a creature for awhile it's just about impossible to let them go.

I myself am very attach to mine an even though I could definitely use the money there's no way on earth that I could part with my boys. :love5:

Beardielover94

Original Poster
i dont think its recklessy but id be more than willing to take care of one i just need to know where to find one. I think my family would help me as well. id even be willing to give mine away and pay money for one. i dont think that im crazy i think that im a fasinated person. Hw did you get Z&W anyway and thanks for welcoming me :study: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :mrgreen: :D

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
You can't FIND them. They are miracles. They do not happen very often, and the ones I have seen are not for sale. The owners of the 2 headed dragons do not want to sell their babies. Be fascinated from a far, and take pride in the beardie that you already own (if you own a beardie).

BTW, Z&W's mom got them from one of her clutches. She didn't just go out and buy them somewhere.

Beardielover94

Original Poster
OK well i thinj it would be cool to breed them i suppose not for that reason but does anyone have a female beardie i can have or buy???

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Breeding bearded dragons is very time consuming and expensive. Do you have the resources to feed 25 baby dragons 100 crickets every day for at least 6 weeks? (And that's just one clutch, a female can lay up to 4 fertile clutches from one breeding.) Do you have enough set-ups (or even room for set-ups) to house no more than 5 babys per tank? Do you have guarenteed homes for 100 baby beardies? Breeding isn't something that should be undertaken lightly. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic.

Beardielover94

Original Poster
i know anoles and long tailed lizards are the same way i have extra things from them i can use to breed them i think. um garunteed homes is another thing only if you peopl are willing to bbuy or take them yeah???

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Beardielover94":d9e0a said:
i know anoles and long tailed lizards are the same way i have extra things from them i can use to breed them i think. um garunteed homes is another thing only if you peopl are willing to bbuy or take them yeah???
Sweetie
Anoles are nothing like beardies when it comes to care,husbandry and breeding.It is my strong recommendation that if you think you want to breed you need to first learn and educate yourself on the specific breed your considering breeding.It is best for you to start by owning and caring for one beardie after you have educated yourself on how to care for them and after a few years of ownership then you can consider breeding and in no way should you attempt to intentionally breed a genetic anomoly like a 2 headed beardie.Most of these poor little babies do not survive and instead suffer for a few weeks then pass on.While there are a few exceptions out there its not the rule.Also even a healthy beardie hatchling,juvie and adult requires serious time,investment,vet care and of course human attention.

Also as a moderator I am just going to let you know now that we have a policy against want ads so if you are looking for an animal to adopt or purchase feel free to review the for free and for sale forums but posting a want ad is specifically prohibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom