Has anyone used Zilla's Gut Load Cricket & Insect Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaragon

Wow, it freaked me out!! I bought this product at a pet store a few weeks ago, and I finally opened the box to gut load my crickets. Inside the box was a small plastic bag with brown powder in it. I took a close look, and to my horror, the powder was moving, and it was packed with small bugs -- alive!! Is this what it's supposed to be?? Or did I happen to get a defective box?

This is the product I'm talking about:
http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/cricket-insect-food.htm

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
EWWWW!! I don't think that's supposed to be that way. I don't know how well you like your pet store, but I would take it back and throw a fit. I mean screaming fit.
Don't feed that stuff to your crickets. Feed them some greens and dog/cat food.
Remember, our beardies are what they eat; meaning what goes into your crickets goes into your beardie!

nbaragon

Original Poster
Thank you for replying!! That's exactly what I wanted to know, and exactly what I thought, too... I actually already threw it away. It was like 3 dollars, so I didn't want to bother to go return it to the store. And more importantly, I didn't want to keep it in my room another minute!! I can't believe this box was sitting in my room for the last few weeks...

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
nbaragon":775bd said:
Thank you for replying!! That's exactly what I wanted to know, and exactly what I thought, too... I actually already threw it away. It was like 3 dollars, so I didn't want to bother to go return it to the store. And more importantly, I didn't want to keep it in my room another minute!! I can't believe this box was sitting in my room for the last few weeks...

Holy smokes, I don't know how long that stuff had to be sitting around to get contaminated like that. Odds are, it came from the factory that way. Keep this in mind, as I will, when considering any Zilla 'food' product, of any kind. *shakes head in disgust*

Good for you for throwing it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom