Anyone ever hear of a Kandy's Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddragons

Juvie Member

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Very Nice, color, pattern, you have a sweet lookin dragon. Would like to see these Candies Dragons website. Anyone?

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I have been looking all over the internet but can't find any reference to a Candies Dragon. I ordered this book with my babies mother on the cover and hope they will talk about her somewhere. I was hoping someone here has this book already and can chime in.
My baby BTW, looks already so much like the mother on the cover of the book. Same coloration and markings.

LittleRob":1de3d said:
Very Nice, color, pattern, you have a sweet lookin dragon. Would like to see these Candies Dragons website. Anyone?

atreyu917

Juvie Member
mrjayd":28e23 said:
Yeah, I have been looking all over the internet but can't find any reference to a Candies Dragon. I ordered this book with my babies mother on the cover and hope they will talk about her somewhere. I was hoping someone here has this book already and can chime in.
My baby BTW, looks already so much like the mother on the cover of the book. Same coloration and markings.

Kinda sounds like a sales pitch. I would have asked to actually see the mother.

BUT if she looks like that then it doesnt matter anyway! haha. I think sometimes people make up names for certain colored dragons to make them seem that much more sought after, thus why no one can even find a reference to a "Candies dragon"/ Can't WAIT to see pictures of your dragons though!

1happymommy

Juvie Member
For some reason I thought it was Kandy's. I live in SD and I believe it is the breeders last name. I know they have some at Pet Kingdom along with the book. I could be wrong.

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No, the breeders name is Rick Millspaugh. I have got a hold of him and waiting for his reply to verify if I have one of his babies from the female on the book.

1happymommy":540bf said:
For some reason I thought it was Kandy's. I live in SD and I believe it is the breeders last name. I know they have some at Pet Kingdom along with the book. I could be wrong.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
I have seen at least 2 people claim to have been the owners/breeders of that dragon. Neither of them were Kandy or Candie. I didn't believe either of them.

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His name is right in the book...

midnight_962002":4053c said:
I have seen at least 2 people claim to have been the owners/breeders of that dragon. Neither of them were Kandy or Candie. I didn't believe either of them.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
If you're talking to that guy....why not just ask him about the dragons he breeds? Any good breeder would be willing to answer any questions you have....

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Did you see my reply above? I said I am waiting for his reply. Then I will ask him some questions about my dragon if it is indeed from him.

atreyu917":fa455 said:
If you're talking to that guy....why not just ask him about the dragons he breeds? Any good breeder would be willing to answer any questions you have....

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
I wasn't implying it wasn't him. But, I can't believe how many people try to take credit for her. It is amazing and she is beautiful. I knew that these people weren't right because I thought that his name was in the book.

chevrumble55

I know Rick pretty well, he's a really good guy. His dragons are really nice too. They sell them at Pet Kingdom down in SD.
-Kevin
freewebs.com/passportherp

RickM

It is “Kandy’s Dragon’s” and yes, the dragon on the book cover (Ginger) is one of Kandy’s Dragon’s. Kandy is my wife and does most of the work caring for the dragons (she spoils them). We have sold a few of our surplus dragons to a local Pet store “Pet Kingdom” for over a decade now, over time, the guys there started calling them Kandy’s Dragon’s and, well, the name just stuck. We have tried other names, Never Enough Reptiles was one we liked and used for a couple years, but someone we sold dragon’s to must have liked it too and incorporated using our name.

We have called the line of dragon’s that Ginger is from “Rainbows” for a few years, but someone we sold dragon’s to liked that name too and started a Rainbow Dragon website this year. Still, Rainbow is what we call the line produced at Kandy’s Dragon’s. I sell on-line just using my name but Kandy does most of the work. Anyone else that claims to have produced the dragon on the book cover is pretty much a liar, my name is in the book as producing her but it was Kandy and I. We produced her here at the house and she still lives here fat and happy.

I did email the person that started this thread as soon as I received their email (thanks Kevin for letting me know about the thread). It is very possible that their dragon is one of Ginger’s babies but since they got it third hand I would have to see it to be sure.

Thanks for the compliments on Ginger too, you should see her son that we are holding back…unbelievable.

Two month old photo with his head in shed.
Dam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom