german giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodshoteyes

Original Poster
i just purchased 3 german giants one of them doubled his size in 2 months grew 4" in 2 months the other two only grew about little over 1" they don't eat as much as the bigger one. Having hard time with live food with the smaller ones tried small meal worms they only seem to want veggies. Any sugggestions??????? :banghead: also wondering how big these guys are going to get. I was told from the breeder I got them from I should expect them to get about 29"

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
How long have yu had your babies? If they are young they really need protein to grow,try crickets,horn worms,superworms and meal worms have a hard outer shell that can cause impactions in younger dragons. Are they housed together,if so seperate them please some people have had success housing them together but sometimes they will fight and end up killing each other even ones that have been housed together can get territorial and kill each other. Beardies for the most part are solitary creatures and prefer to live alone.

bloodshoteyes

Original Poster
housed together get along great big guy eats for all 3 of them little ones seem afraid of live food especially crickets thanks for the suggestion

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
bloodshoteyes":e9952 said:
housed together get along great big guy eats for all 3 of them little ones seem afraid of live food especially crickets thanks for the suggestion
They may get along great for now, but you don't want to come home one day to find one or two dead or seriously injured beardies in the viv. The risk is probably even higher if one of them is significantly bigger than the others. This one will probably bully the others. This may actually be why the other two don't eat as much. They may seem afraid of the crix, but it may be that they are afraid of what the bigger one will do if they take his food. Your original post asks about german giants. My beardie has GG bloodlines, but it is probably very distant. Both of his parents were 21". On multiple forums, I have not seen anyone that has a beardie that is 29". Did you happen to see the parents of your 3 babies? I think 29" is a bit of a stretch (pun intended). Maybe 24-26", but not 29". You should also consider feeding them in separate containers. Also consider getting a roach colony and buy as much as you can up front because three juveniles will eat you out of house and home. A roach colony is a self sustaining fountain of food once it is established. My little guy might eat 2 or 3 crix a day and would rather starve or just eat veggies. Roaches, on the other hand, are his fav and he eats about 30-40 a day right now.

bloodshoteyes

Original Poster
went back to old email I received from breeder and made mistake was 26" not 29" my bag. Don't know if 26 is to be even expected. And no I didnot seethe parents goin on just what I was told. Don't see any reason for someone to tell me something that isn't so. I feed my guys crickets, meal worms, and vegies. I am going to order phynix worms also. I order everything bulk thru internet 500 at a time so there eating good and I feed them speratly in a seperate tank I have. The main take is about 80 Gallon. Already checking into getting larger tank in need be. As secondary. Thanks for the info everything is appreciated.

my female is a german giant bloodline..she is big i wouldnt call her huge but she towers my normal beardies..i dont know about getting 29" but they do get bigger..sometime ihave time i will get some picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom