baby VS. adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
I have 2 bearded dragons that were purchased as adults.. I am wanting to get another dragon and I was wondering what the major differences (if any)were in caring for a baby... Are they difficult to care for ?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Babies are a bit more time consuming.
They eat and poop more often which means you need to clean, offer food, and purchase food more often.
You must be very careful of the size food you offer them.

But they are so darned cute an entertaining. :D

nickmcd63

ALOT more crickets/worms they need at least %80 of there diet to be protein and meat....where as adults are about %20

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Babies can be super expensive to feed....they require a diet of 80% protein and 20% veggies, as opposed to adults, which eat 20% protein and 80% veggies. Our 4 month old is a major household expense!

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is the lighting and housing the same as adults? Also I paid $125/each for my dragons as adults but I see in the pet store the baby bearded dragons are listed at $99..These are just regular dragons (no color morphs) That seems like alot... Amy advise on picking out a baby - what to look for? Both of my adults were rescues, so they came with some problems...

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Look for alert babies housed in proper conditions, and be sure to ask how old they are and consider whether their size is appropriate for their age. A local petshop is selling a bunch of tiny babies that they got at a show two months ago, and the little guys are STILL less than 6" because they are in a horrible setup and aren't being cared for. If I didn't know how old they were, I wouldn't know how incredibly stunted they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom