bearded dragons and scorpios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betzmegan

I built 20 foot by 5 foot tank for my 4 bearded dragons, and my boyfriend wants to get 1 or 2 blue scorpios(none venomus) and we were wondering if we can put the scorpios in with the beard dragons?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't. Bearded dragons do better by themselves. Besides, these are two different species. The scorpios could get eaten by an adult beardie that sees it as food.

outsdr2

Gray-bearded Member
Hi its a not a good idea.blue scorpions do have stingers although not all scorpions are considered deadly venomous (except to insects, their main source of food), you or your beardies shouldn't take a scorpion sting lightly.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Although you have a large enclosure for the dragons please be careful housing them together!! Sometimes bearded dragons live together peacefully,but there have been stories posted here about dragons who have lived together peacefully for a while and then start fighting somtimes resulting in death. Also if you have males together they can get territorial and kill each other,if there are males and females the males will try to overbreed the females.If they are too young breeding is not a good idea and even when old enough to breed over breeding can kill a female,so for the health of your dragons,please watch them carefully.
Sara

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Thats one huge cage. But yeah bad idea on the mixing and matching. Even if they were raised together they still end up fighting.

Betzmegan

Original Poster
i know they could end up fighting but we watch over them very carfully! no worries! we know the risks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom