vibrating food dish!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I stumbled across a few of these on ebay made by EXO-TERRA.

PT-2831.jpg

"The Vivicator from Exo Terra is a remote controlled vibrating feeding dish and is the perfect alternative to feeding life insects to your reptiles or amphibians. The high frequency vibrations simulate movement and the motion of live insects when the food is placed on the rubber feeding platform. Since insectivorous reptiles and amphibians are triggered by motion, they will be immediately attracted to the moving items (canned insects, freeze dried insects or pellets). The Vivicator is remote controlled, so the device can be turned on without causing stress to the terrarium animals. After pressing the button on the remote control, the Vivicator will run for about 15 seconds and can be repeated until all items are eaten. The feeding platform is easy to clean and can be removed from the stone during cleaning."

Sounds quite interesting considering I have to wiggle and jiggle food in front of Dex until madame even looks at it twice. including salad.

Thoughts anyone?

Holly

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
I think it looks interesting. I've seen the vibrating water dishes, since a lot of reptiles are only attracting to moving water.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I used to have one for my first beardie and tossed it. The biggest rip off. Why? because it is very loud and vibrates the food everywhere. Once I had raining juvie pellets and Zoey ran like crazy from it. I tried canned crickets also, unless your beardie likes loud noises and canned crickets raining everywhere but the dish. :lol: Funny thing, I would turn it off and he would eat out of it. Lasted a few weeks when I tossed it.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ah. haha. something they forgot to add to the description "LOUD. WILL FRIGHTEN"
i'll take a pass on this one then.

thanks for saving me £25!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
We have one, and Waffle used to like it when he was little. Ours didnt seem that noisy (other than the fake cricket noises it makes). It did bounce around the stuff, but if we only put a little at a time in it, Waffle would study it and move his head around with it and eat the stuff.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
pscaulkins":2f36d said:
I used to have one for my first beardie and tossed it. The biggest rip off. Why? because it is very loud and vibrates the food everywhere. Once I had raining juvie pellets and Zoey ran like crazy from it. I tried canned crickets also, unless your beardie likes loud noises and canned crickets raining everywhere but the dish. :lol: Funny thing, I would turn it off and he would eat out of it. Lasted a few weeks when I tossed it.

LOL that's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom