Animal Cruelty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kariann

Hatchling Member
I think some of you may have been following this story on a previous thread earlier this year. I came upon this and thought some may like to know the conclusion. Like most animal cruelty cases, the punishment is puny compared to the crime. This is true even in Georgia where we have felony animal cruelty. We can only hope one day this will change.

Lizard Attacker Sentenced To Clean Up Roadkill
Authorities: Woman Stabbed, Tossed Husband's Pet Iguanas

POSTED: 3:40 pm CDT August 21, 2008

ST. CHARLES, Ill. -- A northwest suburban woman who attacked her husband’s pet lizards with a kitchen knife will pay for her crime by cleaning dead animals off Kane County roads, a judge ruled Thursday.

Sara Tinsley, 38, of West Dundee had pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges for the attack in which she threw one of the lizards against a wall and stabbed the other with a butcher knife. Authorities said the violent outburst was an act of vengeance against her husband, who was also arrested on charges of battering her.

On Thursday, Kane County Judge Grant Wegner sentenced Tinsley to 50 hours of community service removing dead animals from the roadside. She was also sentenced to 18 months probation and ordered to pay restitution and undergo counseling, Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office spokesman Chris Nelson said.

Officers went to the couple’s home on April 2, 2007, after Tinsley reported a domestic altercation had occurred a day earlier. Officers saw blood on the floor and discovered the lizards -- iguanas named Fred and Ethel -- in a trash can, according to a police report.

Police said Tinsley had threatened to kill her husband's prized pets during a fight over the phone on April 2. After that shouting match, she turned on the lizards, police said.

The impact with the wall killed Ethel, but Fred survived the stabbing after a family friend brought him to a veterinarian, according to West Dundee Police Chief Dave Sawyer.

"She knew he loved the lizards," Sawyer said after the incident.

Harry Tinsley -- who turned himself in for questioning the same day police found his pets -- was charged with one misdemeanor count of domestic battery for pushing and choking his wife during the altercation the day before, authorities said.

Sara Tinsley had been free on $500 bond.

Copyright 2008, Chicago Sun-Times Inc.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I remember reading about some beardies named Fred and Ethel (I think) early last spring, but they were beardies, not iguannas. All the other details I remember as being the same.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
What a sorry excuse for a human being...Its times like these im so ashamed of our kind. I cant help thinking theres no god out there...We were such a disaster species to have evolved. Complete disaster.

There was a story in the paper a couple days ago (I read at work) about a winnipeg man (canadian) that was a decade long snake enthusiast. He happen to own a venemous african snake. He took the snake out to take pictures of it and the snake ended up biting him. So what does he do? Have the snake destroyed. He was quoted as saying "Ill never own anymore snakes again" and "I dont blame the snake for what happened"

I couldnt help but think "dont blame it? Then where was the sence in killing it? It wasnt its fault but it still had to die for doing exactly what it was naturally meant to do?

Its a shame the miserable f*ck didnt die, the snake would have suffered the same consequence - But at least the world would be relieved of a useless *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom