My Beardie has two different colored eyes! (Updated w/ pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohiba4711

Hi, I am the recent owner of a hypo-translucent beardie, but I am not sure that she is fully hypo. She does have clear nails and clear spikes on the sides, as well as the clearish skin on her arms and belly. I have noticed though, that only one of her eyes looks all black. The other looks like any old beardie's eye. The black one isn't completely black if you look closely though, but from a normal distance looks like it. Has anyone ever heard of heterochromia in a bearded dragon??

n539088473_1612145_1347.jpg

n539088473_1612146_1635.jpg

kevincease

Hatchling Member
your dragons other eye will probably turn solid black. alot of translucents start off with regular eyes and they sometimes turn black starting from the far end of one eye and the black slowly moves across to the other eye.

cohiba4711

Original Poster
kevincease":fadc4 said:
your dragons other eye will probably turn solid black. alot of translucents start off with regular eyes and they sometimes turn black starting from the far end of one eye and the black slowly moves across to the other eye.

I hope not I think it's awesome! Oh btw her name is Zilla!

cohiba4711

Original Poster
the name also has a hidden meaning.... my name backwards is xela.... which kind of sounds like zilla. And then there's the whole obvious godzilla reference lol

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
This is very cool :-D Kinda like on dogs also, some huskies have this feature, and some cats too! :-D
Zilla is indeed cool, Harvey dent wouldn't be that bad either :-D

Nice find! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom