is there a way to teach BDs to swim

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikez123

Hatchling Member
well, my title says it, my beardie wont swim. i think "he" is a she but either way she won't swim. i try giving her deeper water ,not to deep, and pushing her through it(the water) but she's like "are you crazy, theres no way i'll swim".

WHAT DO I DO :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: i need help i want to see her swim. i think shes ok with the water

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Some dragons don't. Gibby would rather sit in his baths and relax, but Dora is a little swimming maniac. Every dragon is different, just like people, and just because you want her to swim doesn't mean she wants to or ever will.

Edricks

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, it depends entirely on the dragon. You can't really force them to do anything. They either swim or not. Sometimes if I splash a little with my fingers D might wiggle, but generally he just sits in the water looking colorful until I take him out again. Loiosh will dive in head first and forget she needs air to breathe if I let her.

spikez123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i went back and reread my post and i'm sorry if it looks like torture but its not. i just thought that all beardies would swim at one point or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom