Beardie Attitudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazul

I was just wondering what some of your bearded dragons do that show off their attitude or their personality? For example-

The past few weeks, we have been trying to get our bearded dragon, Squirrel, to eat her veggies. The first time she show an attitude towards them, she walked into the food dish and, looking STRAIGHT at my fiancee (Austin), thus preceded to scatter and kick ALL her veggies from her bowl and all over her aquarium.

This morning, she walked RIGHT into her food bowl and lifted her tail and POOED RIGHT ON THE VEGGIES! *chuckles and shakes head* She only does this when she's really hungry and doesn't want to even TRY her veggies.

I was just wondering, what are some of your Beardie Attitude stories?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Haha. They are little drama queens really.

The most blatent display of attitude from Dex was the infamous "bathgate 08"

I bathe her in a large casserole dish, she usually sits suspiciously eyeing the water for a while then goes in for a long long drink.
This one bath time as she was raising her head from the water bowl she slipped (missing front claw so shes a clumsy monster) creating a big wave in the dish.
When the wave came back it splashed her nose and she FREAKED out. She had the expression of "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? DUDE THE WATER FRICKIN MOVED!!!!!" and tried to scrabble backwards out of the bowl. Then splashing herself again.

Giggling madly I got her out and put her on her towel. She took one look at me and puffed her beard (her first ever serious beard puff at me) looked at me with distain and slowly climbed back into her tank.

5 minutes later she let me know that she was still unimpressed with me by climbing onto her basking rock and launching herself onto her hide (it was a makeshift one made out of flexi plant branches). Crushing it.
She then sat there with a huge air of smugness!
Now THAT is attitude. hehehe!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
very cute stories everyone :lol: .

LG is the timid one of my group. before i got my others i thought all BDs were like this :roll: . hes only head bobbed me two or three time and he has never puffed up or black-bearded me. he doesnt respond well to change in his world. if i change something big in his tank he goes into a funk. when he goes outside though, a different dragon awaken within him :twisted: . he doesnt cooperate or act reasonable! instead he takes off in wild directions only to stop, make a sharp turn and speed off again. whenever hes outside he trys to eat things that are dangrous. if i released him into the wild he would eat himself to death in the first day, filling up on pebbles, twigs, dry leaves and acorns :roll: . for the most part he is quiet, spending most of his day either in his habbahut or under the hot spot, he doest explore much.

Mayze is my gentle giant of the 3. even though shes the biggest, i dont think she would ever hurt me or Trouble. her demeanor is calm. she likes to take her time going places, as she walks she'll flick her tounge at everything. she is very inquisitve, if ever i put a new decoration in their tank she'll be the first to check it out. Mayze is not very active unless i bring her out to explore the house. for some reason he favorite first stop is always the kitchen floor. she hits it running and from then on looks like a person lerning to iceskate for the 1st time. after leisurely checking out the rest of the house she abruptly turns around and runs back to her cage to be let back in. this dragon is very well behaved :mrgreen: .

Trouble is well, trouble. he is half the size of Mayze but causes twice as much mischief as her. he head bobs anything that moves, and he is a aggresive head bobber. he bounces up off the ground and slides around like a car with some serious hydrolics. i get about 30-40 black beards outta this guy a DAY, and thats mostly in the evenings. he is very insecure, not trusting anybody but Mayze. she can crawl all over him and lick his face and he wont get upset, but if i try to pick him up :angry5: ... he must have had a hard start at life to end up the way he is now. i dont need to handle him, i brought him home to pamper :wink: .

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Aww great stories. Right now I don't have any really great ones. I have yet to get a blackbeard but do get puffs quite a bit. Right now Lindy's thing is eating all his PW and then looking at me like "Hello, do you see the empty bowl?"

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
When Foster is awake (he is either asleep or wide open) He runs around head bobbing and black bearding and tearing up stuff.
(see video, and at the end, he has a black beard and he kind of comes up and shakes his head like, yeah, I did it)

Waffle pretty much does not have much of an attitude. The only thing he really does is if he is in his viv and needs to poop, he starts running around and slamming in the glass doors of his viv.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Kazi is a big ball of attitude. He spends all day bobbing and black bearding at everyone and everything - scattered salad seems to be his worst enemy! This picture pretty much sums up his entire daily routine - blackbearded glassdancing for absolutely no reason at all.....
MoreFuji002.jpg

Abu, on the other hand, does not show any inkling of attitude. She has blackbearded once in the 8 months we have had her and only because I put her little beardie harness on her.... I guess, the only thing which could be classed as attitude with her is the fact that she really does seem to think she is Queen of the entire house, spending most of her day looking out at us like this...
Fujipics030.jpg

Kazul

Original Poster
Awwww, some of these stories are so cute! Keep 'em coming! I wanna hear more beardie personalities, quirks, and attitudes!

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
I have the same situation as MissT. It's good to know I'm not alone. My spoiled-rotten princess, Phoenix knows she is the "most important" pet we have, and it shows! She sits-up with her head high and her back arched whenever anyone enters "her space" :roll: She is so very special and regal!
Dragon, our macho-show-off, is a head-bobbin', black beardin' maniac. He shows me attitude by puffing and blackening his beard whenever I go near him. He acts like he's so tough, but he's really a sweet softie once you have him in a burrito after a bath, or right before lights out. Otherwise he's foot stompin' and black beardin' all day long, gotta love the little :twisted:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Gah!!
Another prime example of attitude today.

Some of you may have gathered that ive been super worried about Dex. Shes been on a hunger strike for nearly 3 weeks, where i had to turn to feeding her babyfood laced with vits just to help me sleep at night.
Well over the past 3 days shes started eating again!!!! Slowly though.
One super worm 3 days ago. 2 yesterday and so far ive coaxed her into eating 2 supers so far today.
obviously it doesnt sound like much, but it feels like a miracle.

Well anyway, she's always been a madame about her veggies, never ever eating them unless she is tricked.
But she was teasing her poor worried momma today!!!!

I was eating peaches this morning and noticed Dex looked rather interested, so i thought, what the heck... i'll try!
Cut a slice up into beardie sized pieces and wiggled them infront of her.
To my joy she started licking at them!
I thought... my god. could this be it? could the war be over????
no.
i picked up the piece thinking she just couldnt get a good enough grip, popped it into her mouth and PTHUH.
it was spat out.
she continued to lick them and spit them out if i managed to get it in her mouth.
you. little. git.

i say she's in trouble, but she's currently being pampered on my lap.
she's got me sussed.

MissT

BD.org Addict
dechainechel":2f83f said:
he's really a sweet softie once you have him in a burrito after a bath, or right before lights out.
At least you actually get this much time without an attitude - I got Kazi out tonight for his burrito and he did his usual head bob and stamp routine before running full pelt off the end of the sofa. Hes still a cutey... just a crazy little handful most of the time - today dinner got the majority of the stamping tho - 'How dare these insects come into my house!!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom