Shedding Concern!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
what about getting a small 10-20 gallon tank and putting him outside with hit, with a heat pad under neathe and a heat lamp or two on top. you should be able to get enough heat to keep it warm (hopefully) and around noon you should be able to get the suns rays (cloudy or not, uvb passes through clouds right?) for ur beardy...just a thought...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
slantedii":f2a47 said:
what about getting a small 10-20 gallon tank and putting him outside with hit, with a heat pad under neathe and a heat lamp or two on top. you should be able to get enough heat to keep it warm (hopefully) and around noon you should be able to get the suns rays (cloudy or not, uvb passes through clouds right?) for ur beardy...just a thought...
No! No! Never use glass for outdoors. :shock:
Ceramic heat emitters would be a better source of heat than a under tank pad. :)
Beardies heat sensors are not on their bellies. :wink:

renich

Juvie Member
slantedii":09fad said:
what about getting a small 10-20 gallon tank and putting him outside with hit, with a heat pad under neathe and a heat lamp or two on top.

oh my goodness. you'd be cooking your dragon! as fresnowitte said, you should ever use glass outside. and heat pads can burn your beardies belly.

if outside temps are greater than 80 degrees, you can put your beardie out in a ventilated cage, like wire mesh.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
Oh and as for the direct sun outside - not a chance. I live i toronto canada and winter has come early. Temps outside are less than 10 degrees and cloudy, i think having him outside would probably do more harm than good at this point.

on days like this i doubt that he is going to cook in the glass enclosure...ugh. The whole point of my suggestion is to use the glass enclosure to increase the heat on days you freeze ur jewels off. The heatpad is to help keep temps up while he is soaking up the rays. I dont expect it to stay warm in toronto for long...please read the whole thread before replying.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
slantedii":28e75 said:
...please read the whole thread before replying.
Whoa! :lol:
Wait a minute....Renich an I have been following this thread.... :?: ( :roll: wondering who your talking about?)
I think we read it! I personally have no idea how the weather is in Canada
other than what my online friends tell me. :wink:
So when the OP said..........
MarianaL87":28e75 said:
Lately its been really sunny and warm outside, so ive been compensating with natures best uv source
With this statement taken into consideration we have no way of knowing that it is only 10* outside.
(10* doesn't sound sunny and warm) :lol: (Burrrrrrrrr!)
So therefore we also have no idea that you know her weather either.
Just because we miss conceived what was being said doesn't mean we didn't read it.

But thank-you for clearing that up. :)

cohiba4711

What about a vitamin supplement? I know that it is good for bearded dragons to produce their own vitamin D with the uvb rays, but from what I hear if you supplement it with something like reptivite reptiple vitamins with d3, you don't even need a uvb source. I use both for my beardie, but until you get the uvb light, u might as well supplement it.

renich

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":122d7 said:
slantedii":122d7 said:
...please read the whole thread before replying.
Lately its been really sunny and warm outside, so ive been compensating with natures best uv source
With this statement taken into consideration we have no way of knowing that it is only 10* outside.
(10* doesn't sound sunny and warm) :lol: (Burrrrrrrrr!)
So therefore we also have no idea that you know her weather either.
Just because we miss conceived what was being said doesn't mean we didn't read it.

yikes! i step out to run some errands and came back to this thread.
i have to admit that i'm generally concerned. as fresnowitte stated, we've been following this thread and presumed sunny and warm was the right temp for the bd.

MarianaL87, what is your temp outside? Bd need between 80 and 110F during the day. and can go down to 60F at night.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MarianaL87, what is your temp outside? Bd need between 80 and 110F during the day. and can go down to 60F at night.[/quote]

Tomorrow its said to be 20 Degrees and sunny, so we'll see how accurate that ends up being...If so, outside he goes with me.

I took him out the other day and he was MESMERIZED by the sun and his colors were the brightest i had ever seen. Its my day off tomorrow so im definately going to make the best of it.

Just my luck...I cant believe im going to have a month long wait for that bulb...Just my luck.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
MarianaL87":a035d said:
Oh and as for the direct sun outside - not a chance. I live i toronto canada and winter has come early. Temps outside are less than 10 degrees and cloudy, i think having him outside would probably do more harm than good at this point.
lolololololol...obviously you missed this part... Im not trying to harp on anyone, but i was a bit offended that you thought i would allow a beardy to be in a glass enclosure during a hot sunny day. Im no expert, but not an i d i o t. Soooo, like you it seems you werent following the thread quite as closely as u thot...lol, no harm done? And i think i realized my fault...she is talking celcius...either way, weather.com says ur looking at what looks to be 60 degree weather tomorrow...i dont think ur gonna be cooking a lizard in a glass enclosure.

SLUphilosopher

Juvie Member
MarianaL87":9eaf1 said:
MarianaL87, what is your temp outside? Bd need between 80 and 110F during the day. and can go down to 60F at night.

Tomorrow its said to be 20 Degrees and sunny, so we'll see how accurate that ends up being...If so, outside he goes with me.[/quote]

I am curious here, because maybe I was misinterpreting as well, but this poster might be using Celcius as temperature measurement (as much of Canada does), so the 10-degree and 20-degrees might actually be warmer than we think (i.e. 50 F, 68 F), although still on the cold side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom