is it time for brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac1

Juvie Member
well i have two bearded dragons and was wondering if its time for brumation, my female is oldest of the two and she just wants to sleep, i put a shoe box ion there and she goes inside and goes to sleep doesnt come out for anything, and my male he is in a seperate tank and he is kinda doing the same thing he just goes to a corner of his viv and goes to sleep but wakes up on ocassions to eat and bask for a while then back to the corner. another thing is should i turn of their basking light and uvb, my female has an mvb so what should i do.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
If your dragons are still waking up occassionally and coming out to eat and/or bask, then I'd leave their lights running, although you can cut them down to a shorter "day" of 10 hours of light if you'd like, to better mimic the short days of winter. If your dragon is sleeping day and night and not coming out at all then you can shut down all of their lights. You female, for instance, isn't going to benefit from her MVB while she's snoozing in her cave anyway.

bigmac1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks for all the in fo so you recommend for me to turn off my females light she does not come out, last night i cheched on her after her lights were out and half her body was out of the cave but she was still sleeping should i turn her lights of or should i at least remove the mvb and put a normal house bulb for some heat for her, and my male ill let his lights sun until i see he doesnt wake up at all.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
It's really up to you. When my female is sleeping all day I turn all her lights off because she won't benefit from them anyway. Since your girl is in her cave, it won't hurt for you to leave her lights on if you feel more comfortable that way. So yes, you could either turn off all the lights, or just leave a regular light bulb running, whatever works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom