Beardie Babysitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
I was just thinking about who I was going to trust to take care of my baby when we go away for 8 days. Are they going to really take care of my baby? Not many people want to touch roaches, crickets & worms.

I was just curious if any of you have ever watched another board members beardie who lives near you? I looked on the map and there are a lot of us out there.
Especially with the holidays coming up. I would lug my big viv just for him to get good care. How about you?

I mean he needs his daily bath until he poops, roaches, veggies, petting, handling, & babytalk. I'm sure there's more but mine is little right now.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hi 1happymommy!

That's really a great idea!
You are pretty lucky to have so many member from the board in your area. You folks from San Deigo should put something together. :wink:

I've always been lucky in that matter because I have grown kids that watch them for me. I got my first beardies while a couple of my boys still lived at home. So they know what to do in caring for them. They still won't touch the roaches an I really can't blame them. So I had to get a bunch of those tall clear plastic disposable containers with lids like they sell potato salad in at the deli. I put one feeding in each container with the beardies names on it for who it goes to. This way they only have to open the container and dump. I placed a small piece of carrot in each container so the roaches have hydration.

My kids don't mind feeding the worms of any type so I usually stock up on worms ahead of time. I don't think they would bath all of my beardies everyday like me so I make sure to give nice long baths for a week in advance to my leaving. I trust that my kids will give them the attention, love, and baby talk. :wink:

Since I have tile my kids don't mind cleaning up the poop either. So I also make sure to stock up on santi and baby wipes.

Also I've showed them how to spray down the beardies veggies real good with water I told them it was because it would keep their salads fresher.(I have salad pre-cut for them)
But truthfully it's to make sure they don't get dehydrated incase the kids forget to mist them.

Also if you can get one of your friends addicted to beardies and help teach them to care for them properly you always have back-up. :lol:

Unfortunately even though I have my kids to watch most of my beardies I still end up taking a big ol' viv with me for Zak-n-Wheezie because they go everywhere I do. :lol:

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I do have 19yr old twin girls and I'm not sure how they would do with the roaches. But I do like your idea about separating them into containers. That would be easy enough. I guess I need to talk to them. They will be here watching the house & all the other pets we have. I know there will be times they can't. They are not really reptile people. They only look at my Harley and that's only if I have him out. They don't know what their missing. My two younger ones love holding & feeding Harley.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I know that I am 21 and was NOT a reptile person either lol..but you get use to all the bugs. Now I can't imagine life without my two girls! I dont have experience with roaches, but seperating them into containers is a great idea. If it's just for over a week..Im sure the girls can mannage! lol :lol:

Epic

Juvie Member
i was just thinking about this same thing. i don't have enough room right now (i only rent a room, not the house or apartment). sometime in '09 i'll be getting a bigger place, and would have no problem beardie sitting! i know this doesn't help you now, but just know that there are people out there thinking the same thing! maybe we should have a Beardie Sitting forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom