Bad beardie dream....

Status
Not open for further replies.

amime

Hatchling Member
I struggled with whether to put this in "off topic" or here but since Beardie's were the focus of the dream I figured it was appropriate for here.

Last night I had a dream that started nice and got really sad. I had somehow received 5 bearded dragon babies. They were each maybe 2 weeks old. I didn't have my vivarium set up yet so I put them in a 20 gallon aquarium to start with with a light and some basic decor hidey stuff. I went to work and when I got back they'd been switched to a little "Critter Keeper" type plastic box and put right under the light. I thought they were all dead but I found one was still kind of alive.

It was traumatic! I managed to get some water in the living one and it perked up some. Then I gave it some tiny crickets and greens. He seemed pretty spunky so I set him up. Then when I came back again he'd wedged himself in a tight spot and looked dead again! I woke up when I was nursing him again but it was so scary!

I sure hope this wasn't a premonition of my beardie caring skills. It's making me think I better get a bigger dragon for my first one. The little guys just look so fragile!

Ok... I just had to get that dream out there. I keep thinking about it and feeling so sad that I killed the babies by not making sure they were safe enough. (I never bothered to figure out how they got in the little box under the light).

Anyone else have Beardie nightmares?

maxattack

Juvie Member
Yep, I dream she is lost in the house!
I read somewhere that if you are a new beardie owner, it is best to get one that is at least 6-7 inches long to make sure they are healthy and eating well. My breeder would not send me one until he was sure she could eat well by herself. He also took the time to handle them daily and teach them to drink from their bath as well as teach her to eat bugs AND greens. Now she is easy to handle, eats well, drinks and poo's daily in her bath. All in all, a well socialized beardie. I think this is the best reason to go with a reputable breeder. You definatley get what you pay for and actually the price of the beardie was not that different. Thanks Anthony! aka Beardedwizard of Annapolis bearded dragons.

amime

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Eeep that would be freaky too! I have a feeling I'm gonna stalk my future dragon whenever they're loose in the house. ..... "I'm watching yoooooooooooooooooou"

I'm definitely thinking I should get a dragon about 8-12 inches or so. Good to start with it seems. Thanks for the advice!

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
For a while after I got my beardie, I had weird and disturbing beardie dreams, too. Most of mine involved having a dozen beardies or more, and I couldn't keep them all in an enclosure. They would keep escaping for one reason or another, and while I would have my hands full of the escapees, more would get out as I would try to put some up. Sometimes, my cats were standing around just waiting...

It's not a premonition...it's just your subconscious expressing your concerns about your beardie parenting. Don't worry...you'll be an old hand in no time and the dreams will go away! :D

baileysman

Me and the other half have dreams about beardies all the time. Sometimes about our beardie Moses but I had one the other night about other beardies. One was called Lavender and one was called Spike and I was bathing them in the vivarium!!!!!! Whats that all about??

amime

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Eeep. I just had another last night!

This time it was a shipper who had screwed up though not me... that's progress right!

The person who was shipping me a dragon (as in ONE) for some reason sent 2 just out of the shell babies AND 2 full grown (one who was VERY" aggressive). They had been wrapped in newspaper and brown packing paper and packing tape and shipped just like that. :cry:

It was very unpleasant.

Hope the dreams turn happy soon. Like dreams about my beardie giving me snuggle hugs or something :) I be it'll change when he's home and happy in his viv.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
One of my beardies is smaller and is growing slower than the other one. up until a few weeks ago he was always dark in color with stress marks galore but now he is started to calm down and is eating great. I still have dreams that he is sick and in my dreams he is black with a black tummy and curled up in the corner of his viv :cry: :cry: :cry: bad dreams are NOT FUN

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry for your bad dreams.

I've never had a beardie nightmare but I've had many beardie dreams.
The one that sticks in my mind the most was a dream with Z&W we were surrounded by lots and lots of little bald children. All I could figure is that we were at a cancer hospital. It was very touching even though it was only a dream. Made me want to visit a childrens hospital with them. :wink:

I think your dream might just be your fear of such a tiny delicate creature.
They are much hardier than you might think.
I'm sure if you do your homework you will do just fine. :study: :wink:

amime

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yipeee! I've started having GOOD Beardie dreams!

-whew-

Last night I dreamed my little dude was home and he was happily munching his dubia roaches and checking out his new home. It was soooo nice.

Must just be that I'm getting more confident that I'll be able to give him a safe and comfy home.

He's gonna be SO SPOILED.

I had a beardie nightmare last week. I have three beardies right now and I was told, no more okay okay...

Well in my nightmare, I guess a few butterworms got loose and were under my bed wrapped around cords. I remember looking for them and as I looked under the bed, I saw all these little bearded dragons. ( I am allowed no more in real life). I seemed to know in my dream that I could not have any more beardies so I put them (5 or 6 of different baby/juvie sizes in a plastic ziploc bag. I panicked and realized I needed to get rid of them and get them out of the house. As I was thinking this, one little booger got out and bit me! haha. So, I decided to keep one and had to sell them all.
I was pretty devastated that morning.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I had a bad beardie dream a couple of nights ago. It's understandable after all the beadie losses I've had in the last two years. I dreamed that the two current ones, Speedy and Zoom Zoom had died and we had gotten another one. When I told my husband about that, we both agreed that if anything happened to these two, we wouldn't try again.

maxattack

Juvie Member
beardie parents":0f18a said:
I had a bad beardie dream a couple of nights ago. It's understandable after all the beadie losses I've had in the last two years. I dreamed that the two current ones, Speedy and Zoom Zoom had died and we had gotten another one. When I told my husband about that, we both agreed that if anything happened to these two, we wouldn't try again.

Buttercup says you are not allowed to have that dream again. She also says that nothing is going to happen to Speedy or ZoomZoom. They will both live to a ripe old age. She is a psychic beardie so I believe her. :mrgreen:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
maxattack":dd78b said:
beardie parents":dd78b said:

Buttercup says you are not allowed to have that dream again. She also says that nothing is going to happen to Speedy or ZoomZoom. They will both live to a ripe old age. She is a psychic beardie so I believe her. :mrgreen:

Thanks, maxattack. That was a sweet thing to post. You must have known I needed that.

maxattack

Juvie Member
beardie parents":e2bbe said:
Thanks, maxattack. That was a sweet thing to post. You must have known I needed that.

:wink: People never believe me! Here we have actual proof that Buttercup really is psychic! or is that clairvoyant? I'm not sure, but she can see the future AND read minds. :shock: Don't....tell....Tatsu! Who knows what diabolical plan they will hatch with this kind of information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom