Choosing A Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayres

(I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum; I'm pretty sure I posted it in the right place, though.. :oops:)

My Dachiu beardie is coming in tomorrow and I've been trying to decide on a name. After a few days, I think I've finally got one.. but some people have been making fun of my choice. Sometimes, I stray from picking a unique and creative name and end up loving a regular one. For example, two of my rats' names are Amy and Alice, whereas two of my fish are named Luna and Tux. See the difference? Anyway, the name I chose for my beardie baby boy is Elliot. Personally, I like it a lot and think it suits him well.

I guess the topic of discussion I'm trying to bring up is.. What did you take into consideration when naming your beardie? Did the name you eventually chose derive from a favorite word, a favorite name, a favorite color, or even a favorite animal, perhaps? Did you stick with the first name you chose, or did it take you a while to finally decide on one?

My big male beardie was a rescue and his name was already Alex and it just suited him
I got him a girlfriend from Florida and named her Sheila because beardies are austrailian
My boyfriends younger male is name Steve after Steve Irwin (he was a big fan)

We stuck with our gut instincts and if anyone makes fun of your 8beardies name, tell them that it's not their pet and if they keep making fun of it karma will get them eventually, lol

nissaah

My 2 y/o male is named Blake. It took me a while to pick out his name. I used pet names websites (like the ones for baby names) and tried finding australian names I liked as beardies are australian lizards. And Blake means either very dark or very light (hair) and Blake just switches from almost white when he's hot to a dark dark brown when he gets cold. So it fit him perfectly.
My new baby's name is Flynn. Again australian and it means son of red. He's a Chris Allen Orange(among other things) so... it fit. :)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
My rescued dragons name is Dexter.
We didnt have any name in mind before we got her, but it seemed to fit.
Dex had two claws missing so not only did i like the name, but it also turned into a rubbish joke.... ie. Shes not (ambi)dexter(ous) shes just dexter.
Buh dum chsssssssss.

No one ever laughs. :D

Ayres

Original Poster
Wow, I hadn't even thought of using an Australian name to match with their roots. That's pretty awesome; I especially like the Steve Irwin reference. Also, I like how you came up with Dexter's name, Ethelia. :mrgreen: Very creative!

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
My 4 year old daughter's favorite color is orange. She wanted an orange lizard so we happened to find a local breeder. My daughter picked our beardie out of about 20 baby beardies. I even put it back with the others a few times and she kept picking the same one. Then I made a list of every word I could think of that made me think of the color orange. After hearing all of them, my daughter chose "Mango".

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
well once i knew i was gonna get a beardie(in march) i decided i would name him zeus cuz i love greek names and look at me now i have 3 beardies and not 1 is named zeus lol and 2 are boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom