Hides

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie started hiding all day and night not coming out to eat. If I removed him he would finally eat and get in the best. I removed his hide thinking that he is just in it because it was there. Brumation from what I read does not start till almost spring. he acts fine outside of the hide but once in it will not leave. Should I keep it out or put it in just at night? Help!

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I actually think Brumation is during the winter months. I notice my two are sleeping a lot more as well.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Brumation occurs during the fall and winter usually. How old is your dragon? If he's an adult, then it could be brumation starting. If he's still a baby or juvenile, chances are that it's something else (dragons don't generally brumate until adulthood).

kellys5babies

Original Poster
In March he will be 2. Is that too young to brumate? He was out of his hide on his own for about 2 hours this morning enough to eat and poop. Now he is sleeping again. We have had him since April so this is my first time with him during the winter.

Kelly

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Yes, that's old enough to brumate - its about the same age my Randal was last fall when she did it for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom