Travelling with baby beardie HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdraak

Hi all,
I am having some trouble as what to do with my baby beardie over christmas, I am visiting my parents 300miles away and not sure whether he would be ok traveling that far or would it really stress him out??
He will only be 3 months by that point. Also I will need to take him to the vets soon so any advice on what to transport him in would be great. :D
Thanks

Also what else could I feed him as a staple with his veg instead of crickets/roaches/locusts (my friend wont handle them if he goes to stay with him)

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
How long do you plan on being away? Beardy pellets (SATURATED WITH WATER!) do provide protein. I usually put some in Turbo's salad everyday because he LOVES them, but he still gets "as many as he wants" live feeders twice a day. It's a temporary option :-\ however certainly not an ideal diet. I would imagine with a good salad and softened beardy pellets he would be fine while you are gone. Make sure he still gets his calcium & multivitamin dust as well.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Hmmm...Im not sure about while you're away, but as for transporting to the vet...I have a small dog/cat carrier that I load with lots of nice warm blankets, and rice filled socks warmed up in the micromave (because it is cold). I wrap the beardie up and place him inside. That way he is safe and secure. Works great for me because I dont have to worry about them running around the car while im driving. :)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
The post above would be great, when they are older.. but yours is only 3 months? I'm guessing it's pretty small, so you can get a little carry-around-tote thing at the pet store and do something similar, just on a smaller basis. They are all great ideas!

kdraak

Original Poster
Well he is actually only 5/6 weeks at the mo, he will be 3 months when we travel. But I dont really wanna put him through all that stress but dont really have anyone that would feel comfortable looking out for him.
Most of my mates are scared of him!!
I think he is great!!!
The warm bags sound like a great idea, could not think how too keep him warm and its going to snow next week!!
Might look into a smaller temporary cage as he is only little, has anyone had any experience with them flexi exoterra cages??
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom