Two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

culbert9

My first question is my beardie has a red bubble about the size of a quarter hanging out of a anus. It has been there for about 3 days and im starting to get kind of worried. It dosent look like poop though.

Also what is an non exceptable temperature for the tank at night. I turn off all my heat and UV lamps at night and I was wondering if it would be acceptable to sleep with me window open so bring the temperature down at night. If it is not what are some ways i could have a cold temperature in the room but make it a good temp in the tank?

The bubble could be the intestines I have no idea how to fix this problem, but maybe caused from straining to poop? Try giving him warm baths in the mean time, hopefully someone a little more knowledgeable will come along soon. As far as your temperatures go at night they shouldn't go any lower than 60 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature in your room will go below this you should get a ceramic heat emmitter. This will put out the heat like a lightbulb without the light that would disturb your beardies sleep. Good luck!

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Someone just posted that is dealing with a prolapse as well (in the ER or Health section). One recomendation was soaking it in bath water with some sugar diluted in. It will help with the swelling. But you really should bring it to a vet. You dont want it to tear while its exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom