Animal cruelty on YOUTUBE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cla6665

Tonight I was looking at some of the videos of berdies on you tube and came across some videos that bothered me. Most of the videos on youtube show beardies fun videos, mating, feeding or just being silly, however more than one video shows birdies fighting and their owners encouraging it, I don't know if the birdies got hurt but it really made me angry. Does anybody know if there are any rules about animal cruelty on youtube or if there aren't, who can we contact to get something done?
By the way beardies aren't the only animals mistreated on that web site. I will try to contact a animal cruelty organization but any help will be appreciated.
Hope to get some people together and do something about it.
Thank you everybody

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I think there is a way to flag a video as inappropriate just by clicking a button or link. It should appear on every page there is a video... if I'm not mistaken.

If youtube can chase down every video-phone recording of Price at the Coachella Music Festival, they can remove these videos...

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I think animal creulty is an option when you flag a video. However I would bet money that the employees back at the Youtube headquarters won't see any cruelty in it, they are probably just as ignorant as the owners.

Meesh

You should send an email to PETA and give them the link to the video. They would definitely contact youtube.

Kaitlyn55

Hatchling Member
cla6665":2f491 said:
Tonight I was looking at some of the videos of berdies on you tube and came across some videos that bothered me. Most of the videos on youtube show beardies fun videos, mating, feeding or just being silly, however more than one video shows birdies fighting and their owners encouraging it, I don't know if the birdies got hurt but it really made me angry.
I know what you mean! i've also seen caretakers on utube feeding the beardies mice that are WAY bigger than the space between their eyes! i mean they can choke, and even die :cry:
I mean i've heard they can eat mice, but only itty-bitty-tiny ones.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
cla6665":50d42 said:
Tonight I was looking at some of the videos of berdies on you tube and came across some videos that bothered me. Most of the videos on youtube show beardies fun videos, mating, feeding or just being silly, however more than one video shows birdies fighting and their owners encouraging it, I don't know if the birdies got hurt but it really made me angry. Does anybody know if there are any rules about animal cruelty on youtube or if there aren't, who can we contact to get something done?
By the way beardies aren't the only animals mistreated on that web site. I will try to contact a animal cruelty organization but any help will be appreciated.
Hope to get some people together and do something about it.
Thank you everybody

Ya ive seen those aswell, i just flag them all...Hopefully they recognize that they are really inappropriate and take them down forcefully if the users dont comply. Ive even seen some of ppl feeding other lizards to their beardies - absolutely revolting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom