hot water bottles???

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyn11

is it a smart idea to put a hotwater bottle in my beardies tank at night to keep her warm at night ... as it is gettin to winter and living in scotland is pretty cold for some people i was wonderin if it was a good idea to pop one in over night or is this a bad idea???

Beanie42

Juvie Member
My lil one Jess sleeps on one with her teddy as here too it's getting cold. Told my vet and she approved, Jess seems to love it too she goes right to sleep snuggled next to teddy's head. its very cute.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I dont see why not! As long as it's closed tight, then put a towel in between it and your BD :)
Some people use socks with rice, then put them in the microwave..you could try that too. :D

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
I think I'd be more prone to try the rice in a sock idea over a hot water bottle. The potential problem with a water bottle, is that after it cools down, it the water seems to absorb heat from you, which is the opposite of what you're going for. It may not be a problem though if the water bottle is wrapped in a towel or something similar. It's been a long time since I used one personally. On the other hand, once heated rice cools down, it doesn't have the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom