3week old dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

honpup

hi i bought my baby 6days ago and i havent seen him eat? im feeding him meal worm and a mixture of fresh fruit and veg he is drinking and very alert and is pooing he is no bother when been handled. i have never had one before is this normal?

zamboni

if its real young i'd get him away from meal worms. get the baby some crix, or roaches :D that might bring him into eating if he has something to chase. you could even try rep-cal baby beardie food moistened with some fruit juce they seem to go gaga over that. hope i was helpfull

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
agreed - mealworms = bad! mine wouldn't touch them either however put a baby cricket in front of him and he would be GONE chasing them. please get him some BABY crickets ASAP!

(b)dragon tamer

Hatchling Member
I agree with sunkist. If you feed mealworms to your beardie at a young age it could possibly kill him, so get mostly baby crickets. You should give him about 70% crickets and about 30% vegetables and fruit while he is a baby. Also, it is good to sprinkle the crickets with calcium powder at least 3 times a week.

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hi -

Welcome to BD.org :D

Some go through relocation stress when you first introduce them to a new home and won't eat or eat very litte. Mine did not wait 6 days though.....I know you must be very frustrated. Keep offering him appropriately sized crickets and ask any more questions that you may have. Make sure he poops and keeps hydrated. I am not the most experienced (Only had mine a few months) but there are tons of great people here with a lot of knowledge....

Take care and best wishes to you and your dragon :D

honpup

Original Poster
I went straight out today and bought small crickets He did eat today meal worms and tomorrow i will start giving him crickets dusted with calci powder
thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom