How often can/should I give Miss Lennon a bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxers

Hatchling Member
Sorry, I didn't see a better forum to place this on. :oops:

But anyway, Lennon really likes her bath. She drinks up a bunch of water and splashes around a little before climbing and flattening on my thumb, like "okay, I'm done."
I would give her one every day or two if this was okay for her. She's not dirty or smelly or anything, she just likes them, and I like the interaction with her. :love5:

She's about two and a half months old if that makes any sort of difference.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Mine gets a morning poop bath (just in there long enough to poop) and then an evening bath a little longer. If he poops right away in the evenings, I'll empty the water out and then refill it so he has to stay in a little longer.

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh!
I guess once a day or every other day wouldn't be too much then. :)
...But now I'm wondering if it's not often enough?

She usually only stays in for five to ten minutes... should I keep her in longer?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there!
Dex gets a daily bath a few hours before bed. She gets one daily because she will ONLY drink from her bath so its the best way to keep her hydrated.
Also it helps to encorage bowel movements and shedding.
I dont think they need to be in for a certain period of time. Just long enough for a good soak.
Me, being a slave, usually lets Dex decide. Its usually 10 minutes unless she's clammering to get out or longer if she refuses!

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:)

Thus far, she will not poop in the water. She drinks the water I drip onto her head, and she spreads herself out and raises her head like "ahhh..." when I drip water onto her back and tail.
I'm so glad to hear I can do this daily! She really really does seem to like it a lot, and I love doing it for her because I feel like she appreciates it, and likes me more for giving her that sort of... treat?
I don't know, :lol:
Does Dex use the sink, or the bathtub?

terabith

i think it's good to use a larger bath, like the tub, if the beardie likes to swim and move around. my seymour is super lazy so i use the sink, i might swap to the bathtub if he gets more active in the water.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Lindy uses a tupperware container in the sink. I put him in the tub once and he just went to the shallow end. I figure with his own "bathtub" I don't have to worry about the chemicals from the shampoos and soaps and stuff getting to him.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
boxers":c6128 said:
:)

Thus far, she will not poop in the water. She drinks the water I drip onto her head, and she spreads herself out and raises her head like "ahhh..." when I drip water onto her back and tail.
I'm so glad to hear I can do this daily! She really really does seem to like it a lot, and I love doing it for her because I feel like she appreciates it, and likes me more for giving her that sort of... treat?
I don't know, :lol:
Does Dex use the sink, or the bathtub?

It seems to be very much 'each to their own' because Dex has never really enjoyed the bathtub. She just stands still and looks suspicious. Dex is missing a claw and a half so I dont think she enjoys the idea of swimming.
So Dex bathes in a super big Casserole dish. She seems to like it more because she can move around and get out if she wants.
Im sure you're little one will let you know what she preferes!

Long live the slaves ^_^

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I started Bogie in a shoe box sized tote 'cause he was so tiny. As he grew we got him a bigger tote. Now at 19" he swims in the tub. He moves from deep to shallow as he pleases. He loves to swim and often stays in for a half hour. Sometimes he puffs up like a blowfish and just floats around. He doesn't want out, just wants to float. Now and then he flicks his tail to turn a bit. It is so funny to watch. :D

Sandy h

Even if they don't drink from the bath, they absorb water through their vents. I've heard a bath every day is the best way to go... unfortunately I'm unable to give dexter daily baths but he gets at least 3-4 a week. Luckily Dex is paper trained so I don't have to rely on bath time poops to keep the viv clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom