life revolved around BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
People are always telling me i talk about my bearded dragons too much. :(
One of my friends even made a $10 bet with me i couldnt go a week without talking about anything that has to do with bearded dragons.
its been hard... hahha.

anyone else have this problem?

CalienteDragons

Hatchling Member
Thats too funny!

I do have that problem but my dragons are my life, i get odd looks all the time. Honestly i dont look like a person who would even touch a reptile or a bug! LOL
Little do they know i spend my days cleaning poo! but yep it is hard not to talk about it

Heidi :)

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
haha oh my god, yeah! people tell me that all the time too...
i dont look like the kind of girl that would have reptiles...

and whenever im at school, and im in my classes that have computers with internet access, ill be on here, beardeddragon.org
people laugh that there is a site for bearded dragon owners. it amuses so many people.

haha, but its okay :D
i love my bearded dragons, and i dont mind talking about them

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:laughing6: Just give your friend the $10 and quit torturing yourself. :lol:

That's a bet I'd definately loose. :lol:
Heck when my hubby comes home from work I have to tell him all of the crazy things they've done that day.

I've corrupted most of my friends so now we even talk mostly about beardies.
It seems the ones that don't have beardies I don't talk to as much anymore.

Even when my sons teachers call we end up talking about beardies. We talk about them more than about my son not doing his homework. :roll: :help:

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":a130d said:
:laughing6: Just give your friend the $10 and quit torturing yourself. :lol:

That's a bet I'd definately loose. :lol:
Heck when my hubby comes home from work I have to tell him all of the crazy things they've done that day.

I've corrupted most of my friends so now we even talk mostly about beardies.
It seems the ones that don't have beardies I don't talk to as much anymore.

Even when my sons teachers call we end up talking about beardies. We talk about them more than about my son not doing his homework. :roll: :help:

haha thats hilarious!
i know, its been sooo hard!

i hope i dont lose all my friends that dont have beardies... :(
cause i dont have like any friends that have beardies, only one, but hes not all obsessed with them like me :wink:

haha, its kinda wierd, you dont hear of people being all crazy about their dogs or like any other animal.
i love my dog, but i wouldnt start blogging about him, or posting forums about him.
just my beardies :D

boxers

Hatchling Member
When are you going to add Haven to your sig? :wink:

And yeah, I talk about them a lot, especially at my work. Anyone needing crickets, "Ohh my little beardies eat *SO* much, gush gush gush, rant rave". Anyone in front of the reptile cages, "Ohh beardies are *SO* great, I've got two at home, gush gush gush". Haha. Every once in a while I feel like I should shut up, but a lot of people are interested in hearing about them, and some have beardies of their own that they want to talk about too :)

In freshman year, I was going to my grandparents' for a few days, and was bringing my tarantula with me, as my sisters there wanted to see and hold her. My english teacher let me keep her in his room in the back. Nobody could believe that I owned a tarantula, and when I pointed her out, they thought I was bluffing, that she wasn't really mine, I guess because I am a girl. "Ewww do you hold it? No way, no you don't, hold it now then, prove it!"
(I did not take her out, for the record, as there were too many people- noises, movement, etc. She would have freaked out. But after school, I did go out and sit in the grass, and took her out to show a couple people. They are surprisingly quick to go from "Eww I hate spiders" to letting her crawl over their hands :roll:)

ANYWAYYY, my point was, I don't think the general population expects girls to enjoy things and pets that are "different", we're supposed to love kittens and puppies and maybe a hamster if we're feeling bold and exotic. A girl with a two foot long spiky lizard, or a girl with a big hairy spider, people don't know what to think. 8) Show off those beardies proudly!

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
It is funny... I love my cat, but I wouldn't go on a forum about cats either.

I have an 8x11 picture of turbo here in my cube at work, and a maybe 4x6 of my bf..... :silent:

People here at work cant really believe he's my boy when they have seen his picture. I can't wait until he is an adult and calmer and Ill bring him in to show everyone. I think he would scare some of them. ( we have a small office, less than 15 people so I'm not worried about him being overwhelmed).

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
haha thats pretty much true. most people expect men to own reptiles and find it surprising when a preppy girl, that wears hollister owns bearded dragons (like me, i dont think im a prep, but others do)

the only thing is, i am deathly afraid of cockroaches.
i can handle almost every other reptile or bug. just not cockroaches!

im getting Haven friday.. i wanted to give myself enough time to tell my mom. cause i knew she would be pissed.
i told her yesterday, and she was when i first told her. :(

later she added, that as long as i can support all 3, then its okay with her. :D

when i was little, my step brother and i (whenever i went to florida) would go into the woods, capture Anole lizards, and keep like 20 of them in a small container. i dont know, it was just for fun. he also had a scorpian, and as my sister would scream over the sight of it, i would hold it :D

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one out there suffering from beardie syndrome. Seriously when I go home, I go straight to the beardie, skipping all the other animals, and my bf if he is there. If my bf gets home later than me he always says, "How come you are always at the beardie's terrarium when I get home, no matter the time?" Then I'll proceed to give him the scoop on everything (I mean, everything) I found in the cage...or what she was doing when I got home and what she did every minute thereafter.

It is strange how these little beardies capture our hearts. I definitely don't go on cat, chinchilla, or ferret forums! There's something just different about beardies but I can't put my finger on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom