THANKS TO THIS SITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone..
I just wanted to say thank you..
I had gotten a bearded dragon not even a month ago..and I had a coil uvb light as per the Pet store..
After reading on this site. I printed out the info given to us...and we went into the pet store..
They exchanged my uvb coil light for the proper long one..It was more money but, They exhanged it..and also gave me the unit that it goes in...
Chicko has been fine..but, I wrote a little while ago (bout a week) about his stress marks...maybe that was why..so now..I am happy to say Chicko has the proper Uvb Lights..and hopefully This did not affect him at all.dont think it was long enough to do any damage...
So thanks to this site for all the info!!!!!

Gabby

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Glad the info here has helped. This site is invaluable! Poor Dragon had sand, 20 gallon tank, no UVB and huge crickets (courtesy of the misinformed pet store) until I found this place- now he's thriving!!

ethanandchicko

Original Poster
yES THERE is no worse feeling then going into the pet store and them giving you all the wrong information...me as well they told me sand..and he was just a baby..
I was not a happy camper when I went back in there...the district manager met me there..
and he insured me that this would change..t the workers are walking around with cats and birds on them...and not helping anyone..when they do help someone..only if you ask..they dont know what they are talking about..
very frustrating..
I will now only deal with the district manager..who has a beardie himself..

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Yes I agree. This site was a blessing in terms of getting the right information to give a beardy the perfect home. I'm glad I stumbled across it.

I was waiting for a cricket shipment to come in (they dont ship over the weekend) and I had to buy 'mini-bulk' from petco. I asked the kid if he'd be able to get me like 100, 1/2-3/4" crix from out back. He's like "you know you dont need to feed them crickets. You can feed him meal worms and wax worms instead." I'm like, I dont want to risk impaction with the meal worms, and he only gets wax worms as treats. He's like "why dont you feed him the pellets so you only have to feed him a few live crix a day then." My responce: He gets 50+ live crix daily, plus a fresh salad, plus some beardy pellets (and some wormies as treats every couple weeks or so).

Apparently his suggestions are how he feeds his 2 beardys :(

I dont know how beardys can survive on that. Turbo is a PIGGY! I mean this morning he ate a bunch of crix, and a bowl of maybe (30 beardy pellets saturated in water with a lil calcium on them) plus more crix at lunch time... And I know I will have to prepare him another big meal when I get home from work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom