darwin won't eat his greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock2001

whenever i put veggies in darwins tank he never goes and eats he goes and eats a leaf or two of whatever i put in there but never eats all of it. How does everyone feed their beardies and does anyone have any idea why darwin is being picky

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
How old is Darwin (great name BTW)? My little girl didn't start eating her greens until the last week or more.. Before that, she ate a parsley leaf and a few tiny bites of veggies by accident. She is about 3 months or so now.. She doesn't eat a lot of them, but I'm glad she is eating them, even a little bit!

brock2001

Original Poster
he is about 5 months old healthy and eats tones of crix. He has been shedding for the past week or so but i have had him for probably 3 months and he has never ate all of the greens that i give him. The only thing i can think of is that he doesn't want to eat it all because i ust give him one kind of vegtable, for instance i just put a bunch of spaghetti squash in there.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
He's still very young. As adults, they eat a lot more veggies, about 80% of their diet. As juvie's, it's only about 20-50%.
You can try mixing it up, but it's not cost effective for us, right now, to furnish our little girl with different veggies.. we just feed collard greens.. .99¢ a bunch here.
I wouldn't worry too much, if he is eating some. You may stumble upon something that he really likes, though.. some can be very picky eaters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom