Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've just been feeding Primo the Dragon crix with calcium on it. No one ( the petstores ) told me that i would need vitamins as well, im using 2:1 Calcium/phosphorus for the crix.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Kevin, I'm going to give you your own thread so your questions can get the attention they need and also so that the person that started this one can have their own responses.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok :) Thanks. I'll remember to not steal other people's threads next time :p. Umm.. What kind of vitamins do I need for my Beardies? What Brand?

maxattack

Juvie Member
kevindeeley12":f74cb said:
Ok :) Thanks. I'll remember to not steal other people's threads next time :p. Umm.. What kind of vitamins do I need for my Beardies? What Brand?

Reptivite Multivitamin & RepCal Calcium with Vitamin D added if you use a flourescent UVB and WITHOUT Vit D if you use an MVB.

maxattack

Juvie Member
kevindeeley12":9cca9 said:
What about for a tank this size : 48X27X24 ( LXWXH ) = 136 gallon? Would I need a 160 Watt MVB? ( T-rex / MegaRay? )

The viv is a good size. I'm not sure about what wattage for MVB, but I've read MegaRay is the best.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually the Megaray and T-Rex are very similar and the best MVB's you can get. That is a good sized tank. I have a 100 watt T-Rex in a 55 gallon with a distance of 14" from the basking area and get a temp of 106. So, a 160 watt would probably be fine at a distance of 18" or more away from your basking area. The only thing is that if the tank was too hot with the 160 watt, you have less options to lower the temps. But with a 100 watt, you could always add another lower wattage household bulb alongside the MVB. Hopefully someone with a similar sized tank using a MVB will respond here.

Rep-Cal products are mostly used on this site. The vitamins are called Herptivite and http://www.petmountain.com carries both the calcium & vitamins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom