Soo, Lennon is a girl. Should I change her name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxers

Hatchling Member
My grama says to go ahead and leave the name, as she has had it for a couple weeks, and that Lennon is a last name anyway, and thus can be applied to either gender.

But, my boyfriend says that he will probably keep calling Lennon a "he" like before, if the old name sticks.

SOOO.
I'm wondering what anyone else's opinion is? :?
I like the name of course, or I wouldn't have picked it. But I'm wondering if I should do something more feminine.
I would try to keep it Beatles related, but I don't like most of the names in their songs for a dragon. (They all seem old-fashioned English, which doesn't feel like it fits right? For example, Martha, Rita, Molly, etc.)
The only one that I think would fit okay is "Prudence", because that doesn't seem like much of a human name to me... probably because I've never met anyone named Prudence.

Hm, hm, hm. :silent:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
These days, the way people name their kids, I say keep it. You can always change the spelling, like " Lynnan" ... or if you do change it, make it something similar like Linna or Lynna. I don't know why, but I like Y's.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I say keep the name. It doesn't sound that masculine, anyways. But, some of the cutest girl names are Randy, Jo, Jerri.. so on.. and Marley!

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aww :D That is too cute!!
I'll just make her a little nametag so that Richie remembers she is "now" a she...
pink lettering, MISS Lennon, with little hearts, haha.

Thank you for the input. I'm glad to hear that it wouldn't be "weird" to leave her name the way it is. :love5:

(P.S. on the topic of masculine names being great for girls: one of my top someday-child-names is Franklyn. the "y" really does add a huge amount of femininity.)

TNDragon

I recently found out that my beaded dragon, whose name is Ringo lol, is a girl and I am not going to change her name, it just takes some getting used to.

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aww :D I like the name Ringo.

I volunteer at a nature center, and that same thing happened with one of the kingsnakes. Her name is Ringo, too.
She's fourteen years old though, haha. People still call her "him" a lot of the time.
(I've only been there for a year and a half, and she "turned into a guy" after about my first six months, so I'm okay with the transition.)
She just one day laid her first clutch of eggs. Everybody went nuts.

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha, like three different people said "...Lennette!"
But I do like Lennon, as it is a name already, and is very relevant to everyday life here.
(i.e., I listen to the Beatles. A lot.)

boxers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I did think of Lucy, being as how I like that song.
But it's kind of an overused name, I think. A lot of people who think of The Beatles first thought is "tee hee, LSD!"
Also, it doesn't look like it fits her very well... I imagine a Lucy to be much brighter, more psychedelic looking. Right now, she is very blandly colored: shades of gray and white. That's not to say she won't become brilliant as she ages, but for right now, it doesn't seem to fit.

I contemplated Prudence. But I am already pretty used to calling her Lennon, and everyone is adjusting from "he" to "she" all right, so I'm keeping it. :)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
hehe. I adopted a rescue beardie being told it was a boy.
and low and behold Dexter is in HER laybox... apparently full of eggs :shock:
now i refere to her as 'Dex' or Hussy!

maybe just change it slightly?
Lennie? or Leonar?

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
I think Lennon is a great name! We named ours Sunny and found out later that Sunny was a he. But we figured it would not be bad for either male or female.

Different animal, but my Aunt named her cockatiel Phoebe and then found out much later that he was a he!! So her male tiel's name is Phoebe!!!

Actually, same thing happened with our tiel. We named "it" Casper and "it" turned out to be a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom