Who does your beardie have to share their slave with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I know that the Photo Expressions forum doesn't get a ton of exposure, so I am posting this in General Discussion too!
But I thought this would be fun to show off our other pets that we have at home.
And of course pictures of your beloved BD's are welcome as well!!!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91535&hilit=

Kelsey

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
I have 8 little devils to show off! Here we go...
Phoenix-1yr,1mth has to share her slave w/Missy, my spoiled rotten Kitty of 14 yrs:
IMAGE_027.jpg

Dragon, 5yr old rescue:
IMAGE_dragon.jpg

Tang, 2mth old Leopard Gecko:
IMAGE_096.jpg

The ever elusive House gecko:
IMAGE_014.jpg

My 2 cuddley Fancy Rats, Misha & Mina:
IMAGE_014.jpg

Cutie pie Dwarf hamster, Mr. Magoo:
IMAGE_060.jpg

Phoenix also graciously share her home to a brand new Anole, and my oh-so-understanding boyfriend, Charlie.
That's my family, I wouldn't trade them for anything (Phoenix might like to get rid of 1or 2, less spotlight to share that way!).

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
I have 8 little devils to show off! Here we go...
Phoenix-1yr,1mth has to share her slave w/Missy, my spoiled rotten Kitty of 14 yrs:
IMAGE_027.jpg

Dragon, 5yr old rescue:
IMAGE_dragon.jpg

Tang, 2mth old Leopard Gecko:
IMAGE_096.jpg

The ever elusive House gecko:
IMAGE_080.jpg

My 2 cuddley Fancy Rats, Misha & Mina:
IMAGE_014.jpg

And Cutie pie Dwarf hamster, Mr. Magoo:
IMAGE_060.jpg

*Phoenix also graciously shares her home with my brand new Anole, and my oh-so-understanding boyfriend, Charlie.
That's my family, I wouldn't trade them for anything (Phoenix might like to get rid of 1 or 2 of them... less spotlight to share that way!).

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i love older cats! She is too cute and your rats...are adorable! Are either Dumbo rats? Those are ABSOLUTELY precious! and your leo is pretty too!

Seeing as they're the reason we're all here, I'll start with our beardies...

Harlequinn (b. k. a. Harley) who was a present to the hubby for Father's Day was our first bearded dragon (not our first reptile, of course, that honor belongs to Handsome Jack, but our second) and a big learning experience for us. Watching him grow into his own unique personality has been such a joy to watch and we just love him to pieces. He has to be cuddled to sleep every night (his favorite place to fall asleep is on my cheek) and he absolutely loves to hang out on the very top of my head.

REPTILES1.jpg

HarleyKybrd.jpg

REPTILES12.jpg

REPTILES5.jpg

REPTILES4.jpg

Remy was our fourth reptile, his previous owner surrendered him to our local herp store with a few issues (yellow fungus, unusually stiff gait and seriously underweight) so they gave him to us to rehab. He's really just a sweetheart who hasn't had near enough love in his life, he's become our sons favorite because he'll sit with you, cal as can be, forever as long as you're giving him a little love.

RemyRumble.jpg

CAMREM3.jpg

REPTILES3.jpg

REPTILES13.jpg

Handsome Jack was our first reptile and a surprise to us really as we weren't looking to own an iguana. But sometimes what you're looking to do and what happens aren't the same thing. We live in S. Florida and feral iguanas are aplenty around here which is what our Jack is (though I do suspect he was some ones pet and he escaped or they let him go for one reason or another). He ambled on inside one day and decided to take up residence in an artificial tree, he had quite a few boo boos and it was obvious he wasn't eating enough. So instead of kicking him out we decided to try to fix his boo boos and in the process, we fell in love. He can be just as sweet as he can ornery and there are times he's just downright grumpy like now for instance. The poor boys going through his first breeding season with us and he's just not very fond of me right now (or perhaps he's too fond, I don't know).

CaptJack1-2.jpg

CaptJack5-1.jpg

Mushu was our third reptile and a birthday present to me from the hubby. He was so tiny and delicate when I got him, he kind of scared me but he's grown and we've gotten used to each other now. He's still very skittish though so I have to be careful when I first take him out because if I'm not on top of my game, he'll bolt and the little monster is fast. He is, by far, one of the most fascinating animals to watch--I could just sit and watch him splashing around in the water, swimming, climbing and jumping from branch to branch all day.

IMG_0912-1.jpg

REPTILES11.jpg

Tara and Rex are frillies and very, very new to us, it'll be three weeks this Sunday since we brought them home. They were also surrendered to our local herp store and because we've done such a good job with Remy, they asked us if we wanted to take the lovely pair and try to rehab them. It was their eyes that was the major problem, they were badly swollen and filmed over, neither one of them would open them on their own (perhaps they couldn't) for the first week or so. When they were surrendered, they'd just finished antibiotic eye drops, it hadn't done much to help and the owner didn't know what else to do so she chose to surrender them. It looked, to me anyway, a lot like photo-kerato-conjunctivitis and since their eyes are almost completely back to normal now, I'm assuming that's what it was. They also look a bit skinny to me in certain places and both of them have several twisted, broken and/or missing toes. They won't eat by themselves yet, they have to be hand fed (as does Remy, the spoiled brat) but they do eat. Just recently they've become a bit feisty and they're finally starting to show some personality--warms my heart. These are the only two pictures of them that I have on my hard drive but I have several others on our camera card I need to upload. And now that their eyes are clear and they're keeping them open I need to take some new photos. I'll post some new ones when I get them taken/uploaded.

Tara

TARA.jpg

Rex

REX.jpg

Bugsy's been with us FOREVER!! My father bought him for Cameron, our son, when Cameron was but a wee 18 months old (Cameron will be 9 in December). He's a big softie, our Bugsy, and I just can't imagine going through the day without the little cutie-pie trailing along behind me as I walk through the house.

bugsy.jpg

There's also Tabby and Baxter, who aren't pictured because I don't seem to have any photos of them uploaded on my computer.

Tabby is well, a tabby cat I adopted when I got my first apartment, oh, 11 or so years ago. I gave her to my papaw after he lost his cat to old age many years ago and when my papaw came to live with us a few years back, Tabby came with him.

And Baxter is our feisty little ferret. I bought him for my hubby as a birthday gift in August. He's not really a baby but he's not an adult yet either, he's stuck somewhere in the middle. He's absolutely gorgeous and let me tell you, he's got TONS and TONS of personality.

And last but certainly not least, our Cameron--the one who gets the most attention from Harley and Remy's slave. Isn't he cute?

CAMREM1.jpg

And here's us, Aimee and Drew better known as "slaves to all things scaly or furry".

AIMEEDREW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom