Reborn Beardie Enthusiast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcarey

Hatchling Member
Hi all. I used to get on here awhile back but i had gotten rid of all of my bearded dragons because I was in cosmetology school and could no longer afford all the crix and roaches and other things they need.. But i'm now done with school and ready to get back into it :) I want to get an adult so i'm sort of searching online.. i've looked on craigslist but everyones asking large rehoming fees which i think is ridiculous because most of the people are getting rid of them because "they don't get along with the others anymore" or "no one pays any attention to good ol spike with the new puppy in the house"! it's ridiculous that these people try to get rid of something they cannot care for anymore but they want YOU to pay the hundred dollar rehoming fee to cover for the food they've scarcely bought over the time they've "CARED" for their beardie ! :banghead:

well anyways i just wanted to (re)accquaint myself with everyone even though i didn't know anyone on here much before anyways BUT HELLOOOO :) i'm Carey!
"

maxattack

Juvie Member
:shock: Rehoming fee? Are you kidding me? I've never heard of something so stupid! People need to get their heads out of their...armpits. Grrrrr. Hello, you can't take care of your beardie, so you want me to pay YOU to take care of your beardie? :x

Ooops, almost forgot to say hi and re-welcome. Good luck with your beardie search! Pics when you get him/her. :blob8:

kirby

Extreme Poster
hi, and welcome again!

keep looking! theres always reptile re-habers... although these people do it out of love, the may ask for a donation or small fee... as they bring in, pay for medical vet visits, surgery and feed. but it gives a little guy or girl a second life.

please! dont buy from a pet store. youll only fund their torture.

its good to see your looking for adults, or a 'rescue'! keep looking!

just remember to search the forums and ask Q's as im sure ALOT of advancments have happened since you left. beardie care is constantly moving.

azcarey

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
maxattack":6c678 said:
:shock: Rehoming fee? Are you kidding me? I've never heard of something so stupid! People need to get their heads out of their...armpits. Grrrrr. Hello, you can't take care of your beardie, so you want me to pay YOU to take care of your beardie? :x

Ooops, almost forgot to say hi and re-welcome. Good luck with your beardie search! Pics when you get him/her. :blob8:

HAHA i know, right?

and thank you :) i will definitely get pictures up wheneven i get a new one

azcarey

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kirby":abafd said:
hi, and welcome again!

keep looking! theres always reptile re-habers... although these people do it out of love, the may ask for a donation or small fee... as they bring in, pay for medical vet visits, surgery and feed. but it gives a little guy or girl a second life.

please! dont buy from a pet store. youll only fund their torture.

its good to see your looking for adults, or a 'rescue'! keep looking!

just remember to search the forums and ask Q's as im sure ALOT of advancments have happened since you left. beardie care is constantly moving.

yeah, you're right. a small "adoption fee" is prefectly understandable, but when it's got a picture of an adult in a 20 gal tank with calci sand and it says stuff like "we just don't give him much attention anymore" it's just kind of irritating. and one ad even stated that they were getting rid of the female because the male is mean to her now.. well DUHHH don't keep them together; SIMPLE.

and nooo i won't buy from a petstore even though i just wanna save those ones with like 5 adults to a tank :( i'll just steal em muahahah :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom