A simple plan, that wasn't so simple *UPDATED SULCATA PICS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
So the day started off with going to get my GF a sulcata turtle from a breeder out in Glendora, which is about 15 mins past Pomona. I found a 40 gallon breeder tank on craigslist for 60 bucks and went to homedepot to get the substrate etc. Mind you i had done all of this between about 12-3, with the visit to the breeder at about 5 since i had class from 4-5.

So i get out of class, jump in my car with the 40g tank in the back seat of my 89 civic hatch back. Jump on the 57 north and exit at her exit. I then drive about 15 mins through residential where i swear i see horses n stables. . . I am honestly in the boonies. . . =T So i get to her house to pick up the turtle ($55) i open my wallet and crap. . i only have a 100, and of course she doesn't have change. So now i jump back in my car and drive what feels like 10 miles to the nearest liquor store i break my 100 and head back to her place. However on the way back i get lost cus after a while the houses all look the same especially if someone is unfamiliar with the area. I make it back to her house in one piece take out the money, grab the turtle, n some other stuff she managed to sell me.

This is about the point it all went down hill, I had asked her if she had bearded dragons, since on her website it shows some but they were all males. I was looking to buy a female just to have some variety and also wanted a colorful Beardie. The ones she had listed were orange sandfire X red/hypo. she says there supposed to turn a bright orange with some yellow. I have been eying them for sometime, but haven't had the time or money to looking into them seriously. She then runs in the back and brings out a small tote of dragons which i fell in love with.

From her on out it was like a scene from the movies, " i will make you an offer you cannot refuse!" so 35 dollars later i now own a 6 week old orange sandfire X red/hypo.

And as i write this, yoshi is going poop in his salad bowl. . . . blah

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Aw congrats!!! My Citrus X Tengerine's name is Yoshi! But she is turning more and more red.

I can't wait to see pictures!

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh i also forgot to mention that i ended up taking the tank that was supposed to go to my GF. . haha i swapped her my 20 gal since over xmas im going to build a Crossfire tank. . . or well maybe 2 now. . . . =T

now i just need to go through these 1000 crixs i ordered and hopefully my dubia will be up and going. . . ill post pics up shortly

atreyu917

Juvie Member
h0ndap0w3r":600f7 said:
Oh i also forgot to mention that i ended up taking the tank that was supposed to go to my GF. . haha i swapped her my 20 gal since over xmas im going to build a Crossfire tank. . . or well maybe 2 now. . . . =T

now i just need to go through these 1000 crixs i ordered and hopefully my dubia will be up and going. . . ill post pics up shortly

bad bad boyfriend! haha (j/k) But VERY good beardie slave. Yoshi stole that tortoises house and didnt even know it! haha. The things we do for our beardies...I kinda did that to my boyfriend too though. I bought him a 40 gallon breeder for his ball python and then I ended up giving it to my first bearded dragon. Even though he was a lot smaller than his python. haha. But I made it up to him and bought another one haha

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
P1010051.jpg

Heres my new addition to the family. . . i think im going to name her peach, me and my GF are going to try and stick with the nintendo theme

P1010052.jpg

another pic

P1010053.jpg

a pic of the fatty yoshi

P1010055.jpg

heres a pic of my new set up. . .

im waiting on my T-rex mvb. . . i thought i might have been able to keep them together, but i was pretty wrong, even at a young age they are very territorial. im thinking of placing the MVB right in the middle and placing both basking spots around that area. then using supplemental lighting if necessary.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
her turtle is really small and can live in the 20gal i gave her for about a year. . . but she should have her breeder tank back in a few months. . . i felt bad but oh wells. . . haha =P

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i wanted to name him/her bowser. . . but she said no, that wasnt cute enough. . .=T, women. . . JUST KIDDING EVERYONE

as of right now i got no idea what she wants to name him/her. . . with turtles you cant tell till they are like 3 years old

LJean

Extreme Poster
It is very dangerous to see baby beardies, LOL!
Congrats on getting the turtle and the new beardie.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Lakitu is a character from Mario Brothers. he is the little guy in the cloud that throws things at you. But it's kinda got a cuter ring to it?

And Thwomp is another and to me it just screams turtle name to me. haha.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
or...GOOMBA!!!

haha...I want that to be my next male dragons name. haha. Now that I'm remembering all the characters...

bigmac1

Juvie Member
wow i like your baby. were is this breeder located or does she have a web site im in the san bernardino area, i fell in love with your girl i might want to purchase one from them.

kirby

Extreme Poster
i wanna see the tortoise!! not that the beardie isnt cute!

we cant get tortoises in Aus, let alone any exotic species that doesn't originate from Australia. i LUFF tortoises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom