Cleaning poop off a keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so lately I have had Mushu on my keyboard for some bonding time. I am very worried that he might poop on it. I was wondering how and what to use to clean it if he does. Any answers would be great. I know at some point he will do it just so see how I react, he's a lil poop head like that.

brendanb

like...a musical keyboard or your computer?

...i just don't know why letting a lizard hang out on any keyboard would be more valuable a bonding experience than, say, your lap? the couch? living room floor? your desk right next to the keyboard? any of those things would be worth cleaning.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
My dad put his in the dishwasher and it worked like a charm. Of course, you'll want to check your manual and make sure that's OK before you do the same to your keyboard. :D

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
uhhhh water and electronics = bad bad bad. . . they will prob never work the same again, the keys will fill different and the keys might just not work at all. . . i would just keep him off the keyboard.

as for cleaning, ive done the water thing before but it was a huge pain, i had to take the entire keyboard apart down to the membranes and dry everything out. water is a conductor so it will bridge the gaps between the buttons.

iibrandyii

Original Poster
Well see he is on my desk but for what ever reason he likes to get on the keyboard. Maybe he likes the sound it makes when he is on it. I take him off and put him on my shirt or lap and he jumps off after awhile and goes directly to the keyboard. And we do have bonding time in other places too. I dont think the dishwasher would work well with a wireless keyboard but thanks for the idea. I think I may invest into one of those keyboard covers that the auto body shops use to keep the grease off thier keyboards or maybe wrap it up with plastic wrap for food lol.

Samus

Hatchling Member
wait till he poops to let him on the keyboard, beardies usually only poop once a day and usually at the same time if you keep them on the same feeding schedule, I have my dragon out all the time and she has never pooped out of the cage.

azcarey

Hatchling Member
hahaha aww, well maybe just give him a bath every night before you get on the computer and spend your time with him... and make sure he poops in the tub.. (atleast mine always loved to swim/poop) and i guess if he doesn't go poop in the tub after about 15 minutes maybe he just doesn't have to go and you won't have anything to worry about :)

mine actually did that when my boyfriend was playing with him. Pooped right on the keyboard...thank god it wasnt the bed this time...But a lycol wipe is good...like those disinfectant wipes (lycol, clorox, or w.e)

They just love pooping everywhere man...my iguana just decided to use his FULL food bowl as a litter box. not cool lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
A coworker had washed her computer keyboard once. She had spilled an entire cup of yogurt on the keyboard, and instead of calling the help-less desk for a new one, she took it into the bathroom and washed it out in the sink. She only towel dried it (without prying off the keys) and promptly plugged it in to use . . . And no sparks!

dragonkeeper3

Hatchling Member
The reason he likes the keyboard is the heat that it puts off, at least that's why mine do it. But as far as cleaning goes, just wipe it up really quick and it should be okay.
But as far as pooping goes, Auraelia pooped on me twice today. :angry5: All over one of the pillows from my bed too. Little brat..lol Though the second time was all over the front of my shirt. Oh, I had that smell in my nose for hours....
DK3

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Even making them poop beforehand doesn't always work. Turbo really only goes once a day. This weekened I gave him his bath/potty time and let him lay with me afterwards and run around and explore on my bed for awhile, while I was watching TV. Needless to say half an hour later, his activity made him poop again. It wasn't even worth pooping, there was mostly only a urate... he just wanted to be a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom