H O L Y C O W! LEILA ATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheresaSch

Sub-Adult Member
I REFUSE to get too excited yet because it was partly forced hahaha. BUT usually when I'd put anything in her mouth she'd spit it out. NOT tonightttt! I only had meal worms cause it was killing me to keep a stock of good worms she wasnt eating. I figured once she showed interest in food we'd get better stuff.

The lady I got her from came to my moms house, she's my moms neighbor (i house/animal sat over the weekend for mom). She showed me Leila's mom and how she went into burmation this and that. Shes like this fancy retired breeder (leila was frmo her last ever clutch) who knows so much, i don't know WHY i didnt think to talk to her before.

So we talked and she gave me that aphadophalas (spelling is horrid I know) and told me to give her a dropper full for 5 days. She does that with Sami, Leila's mom after she wakes up from burmation. I gave it to her a while ago and nothing. Didn't do jack. This time maybe it helped or maybe shes just friggin over it. Although, Sunday she was spitting out worms. At least now i can get some vitamin powder on the meal worms. BY THE WAY I ONLY GIVE HER the freshly molted ones. I know they are hard to digest and its been quite some time for her so I wanted to make sure she got the soft ones. Hey, it's a start! I just can't wait for a poop!

So we started it Saturday, and today, TUESDAY she ate! I made her open her mouth by putting a little pressure under her jaw and stuck the worm in. Normally she spits it out and looks at me like, YEAH RIGHT WOMAN.. but she chewed them up and ate them today!

HOPEFULLY this is the turn of things for my darling brat. She actually started losing weight last week and I freked. I dont want her to lose her fat storage then go into burmation and have NOTHING.

So that's my update! Anything else happens I'll post an update under here. Maybe she'll actually eat on her own soon enough. She even eyed the worms like she wanted to do something.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who gave me countless amounts of tips and advice on here.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
:blob5: :blob8: Yeah Leila :blob5: :blob8:
So the Acidophilliz did the trick? Have you tried soy yogurt yet? Most cant refuse it :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:blob8: :blob8: :blob8: Yeah Leila! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

vickson420":4fec1 said:
So the Acidophilliz did the trick? Have you tried soy yogurt yet? Most cant refuse it :wink:
I must agree the soy yogurt worked wonders for me with my clan. My beardies love it can't get enough.
It's so much nicer when you don't have to force or trick them into taking something. :wink:

TheresaSch

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vickson420":07790 said:
LOLOL @ my spelling compared to Acidophilliz

Im gonna snag some of the soy yogurt today see what we can do!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
TheresaSch":cf453 said:
vickson420":cf453 said:
LOLOL @ my spelling compared to Acidophilliz

Im gonna snag some of the soy yogurt today see what we can do!
:lol: Ok good let me know how it goes.Mine prefer stoneyfield farms yosoy blueberry :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom