GAUGING INTEREST: Secret Santa 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizeguy

BD.org Addict
MODS - I realize I have this topic also in OT and that this does not pertain to beardies. but it is a community event and I know this forum gets more exposure. If you still feel it does not belong here, that is alright

well teh time is upon is and although I realize I have not been as active here lately, I am still willing to carry this on.

FOr those who are new and dont know what I am talking about - here is a very brief overview of how this goes and if there is enough interest I will move forward with more "official" info

Secret Santa is something that we have done here for the last 2 years. This would be year 3. Anyone who participates, will forward me their info. I then pair up folks anonymously and forward their info to another participant. That participant becomes the secret santa to their "elf" it is the responsibility to purchase a gift for their elf and get it to them within a week of Christmas. The dollar value for the gift is always a debate and I think that last year we agreed on 20 dollars. If you choose to spend more, that is up to you. Additionally, handmade gifts are always acceptable and even better than bought gifts. creative wrapping and shipping is also cool. I once got a gift that was wrapped in homade beardie wrapping papaer and received all kinds of wacky gifts.

all participants would be required to send me their address and agree to have their address forwarded to one person who would be their santa. They would also answer a few questions that would help make their santas job easier.

and lastly, if you have no intention of sending a gift, do not participate. We have always had this open to any member regadless of their age here and post count, but there is alsways one or 2 folks whose santa bails AFTER they have received their gift. and they are always new people. and then we end up needing second santas to make sure we get teh job done.

This topic is NOT for discussing Secret Santa - just to get a feel if this is something we are going to do this year

wizeguy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
NI SIGNING UP YET - JUST SEEING IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED TO GO FORWARD

stoopid caps lock

wizeguy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
ok so we have a total of 16 people wanting to participate this year. This is good - nice and small. I will move forward with this and you will all receive PMs with into within a week as I get everything in place

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Please see [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=91391 f=33 ]. :(
Don't hate me, pleeeeeease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom