Stress marks on my Beardie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i am new here but have been reading articles from this site for couple weeks or so. I got my beardie spike about 3 weeks ago. I have everything that i need like the Repti-Sun 10.0 Fluorescent not compact, i got a 150w basking light too. he is in a 40 gallon and he is about 6 inches. Ever since i've had him he always has stress marks no matter what. No i dont have sand as subsrate i have reptile carpet. The temp on his basking spot is 107F and 86 cool side. yes im using a probe to measure the temp. So whats the matter with my beardie? He eats aboit 20 crickets a day dusted with calcium and he eats mustard greens and drinks from a dropper. PLEASE HELP

BrownEyes87

Hatchling Member
DumDum2008":5cfa3 said:
Hi, i am new here but have been reading articles from this site for couple weeks or so. I got my beardie spike about 3 weeks ago. I have everything that i need like the Repti-Sun 10.0 Fluorescent not compact, i got a 150w basking light too. he is in a 40 gallon and he is about 6 inches. Ever since i've had him he always has stress marks no matter what. No i dont have sand as subsrate i have reptile carpet. The temp on his basking spot is 107F and 86 cool side. yes im using a probe to measure the temp. So whats the matter with my beardie? He eats aboit 20 crickets a day dusted with calcium and he eats mustard greens and drinks from a dropper. PLEASE HELP

Sounds like hes got everything he needs...and eats wonderfully. Wish i could say the same about mine.

It sounds like all it could really be is some relocation stress...
Try giving him a soak and see if they lessen, it always makes the ones on mine disappear.

Good luck.

BrownEyes87

Hatchling Member
Oh ive also read that shedding can be itchy and make them a little grumpy and finicky, really i think hes fine...

BrownEyes87

Hatchling Member
DumDum2008":7d7f9 said:
i just gave him a bath about 5 minutes ago. It went away. HMMMMM that means he hates his enclosure.

lol no i doub it. The water just relaxes him and then hes put back into this new place hes trying to get used to.
Mine gets the stress marks a few min aftet i put him back too. But its an off and on thing, one min hes covered in them, and then 10 min later hes milky white...Its a mystery.

give it time. Really, u dont know how well off you are.

Im really struggling with mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom