Just out of curiosity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
1 Beardie called Dexter.... who has turned out to be a girl! Rescue so no idea of her age. Shes a yummy 13inches tip to tail.

Totally been bitten by the beardie bug, am currently saving up to buy a new VIV and rescue another dragon. Ive already seen one who's melted my heart.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
Ethelia":6396d said:
1 Beardie called Dexter.... who has turned out to be a girl! Rescue so no idea of her age. Shes a yummy 13inches tip to tail.

Totally been bitten by the beardie bug, am currently saving up to buy a new VIV and rescue another dragon. Ive already seen one who's melted my heart.

that's so nice of you to do rescues ethelia!!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
nesta's mommy":672ca said:
that's so nice of you to do rescues ethelia!!

We didnt even know about the rescue part of the store, but I saw Dex with his missing claw and immediately thought "no girls and boys will want a 'broken' lizard" let me take her home!!!
We had to do alot of work with Dex to tame her (she was never handled) and get her to eat semi-properly (she still goes through refusing to eat days just to get my attention!). Shes a ton of work but I am her obedient slave!
The softy in me just wants to give the little ones a second chance and a loving momma!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is so good of you. It's amazing how beardies with disabilities can turn around with human love and care. It is truly amazing how bearded dragons connect with humans. So for you to take them in willingly shows you have a great heart. My husband and I are absolute slaves :notworthy: :notworthy: to Sweetie and Lonzo and still hand feed them greens veggies & friuts. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I have 2 of my own, Vyllyn & Nylla. My 16 year old daughter has one named Emu... guess who takes care of it? So I guess that would make it 3 really.

tammyjo

I have one. I think it is a girl. So I call her Doddie. I'm planning on getting another one as soon as I find out the sex of mine. It is 5 months old I think. :D

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
5 months is definitely old enough to tell if its a boy or girl. Look at her vent by lifting up the tail, there is a small bulge directly behind it. If it is one prominent bulge you have a girl, if it looks more like 2 bulges its a boy. If you want to post a picture someone can help you figure it out.

Here is the article on how you tell http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom