A Disturbing Night! Unfortunate Beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I went out to the pet shop near my apartment that I've visited a couple times in the past to purchase some crickets for my beardies and I noticed they had approximately ten stub-tail babies for $20/ea. A great bargain for these healthy little ones, and as I looked closer I saw a sign that said "all sold." I was suspicious as to who would be buying all of them in one shot, and thought it may be someone looking to buy them and resell at a higher price.
Thinking that would be the worst casinario, I proceeded to ask the friendly man working there who had purchased them, and brought up the idea to him that it seemed like someone was trying to make some extra cash. In response I got the shock of my life. He said that a hard, long term meth user came in and decided he out of random wanted to buy them all as decoration. :banghead:
He continued to tell me that they would be housed in multiple TINY cages that were being removed from the store wall itself (much smaller than those at Petsmart). He said, "this guy smokes the pipe, doesn't sell the product," in a very upset tone. I could tell he did not want to sell them to this man, but had no choice because the owner of the store is a big time jerk and forced the sale to continue.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing! :angry5: Those poor few week old babies.. I don't know how they're even going to survive. I feel so terrible. :cry:

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
That makes me really upset... :angry5:
You should offer the store more and they can just refund the other guy's money or something...

1happymommy

Juvie Member
WHY!! That is just sick. What is wrong with these pet shop owners. Don't they know people talk. You would think they would like to have customers rave about their store. Does he have no pride.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
lol at the comment above me.

That is terrible. I would steal them while the guy was passed out after crashing from all the drugs. If only...ugh.

brendanb

something's fishy about that situation.

hard, long term meth users don't have two hundred bucks laying around to spend on bearded dragons.

leann

Juvie Member
something's fishy about that situation.

hard, long term meth users don't have two hundred bucks laying around to spend on bearded dragons
I totally agree....

And the fact that some people want to use these adorable little creatures as "DECORATION" really erks me :angry5: They are a living, breathing, eating, pooping, sleeping animal just like any other animal. Just like I tell everyone outside of BD.org who think I'm a little out there when it comes to my beardie "they have a heart too & wanna live just like me & you"

Poor beardies........The store owner ought to be ashamed of him/her self. I guess he/she or better yet "it" dosen't have any kind of heart and is only worried about the money......hopefully the strung out meth user will forget about purchasing those babies.......

Beanie42

Juvie Member
deelers may though
is there no reporting system their? my vet told me the spca have alot more powers over in america.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom