Laybox??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Didnt think breeding was the appropriate place for this since I'm dealing with infertile eggs - but if it needs to be moved then I apologise!!! :oops:

Anyway, Abu appears to be 'full of eggs' (as a local breeder/shop owner told me today). Anyway, he wasnt too good with the laybox instructions and I read so much on here that I just want to check that I have the details correct and figure out all my confusion. So basically I think I need

a 10 gallon rubbermaid with lid
sand
potting soil

Now for the questions...

1) I should mix the sand and the potting soil with water so it holds a burrow?
2) How do I ensure that the burrow doesnt collapse?
3) How do I keep it at a good temperature??
4) Do I cut holes in it??
5) Do I put it in her viv or place her inside it if she starts digging frantically?

I seem to have got myself a little confused so if some one could just lay it out for me - kind of step by step - it would be absolutely fabulous!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

T

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I just filled aliiterpan w/ eco earth.some say playsand & water till you can build a castle.
Malibu insists on going to the playground to lay her last 4 clutches but its getting cold so i keep litterpan ready.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hmmm didnt think of eco earth - might do that as playsand is not going to be easy to source atm with the weather we are having here!!

Thanks

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom