good time or not to get him a mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markholmes

me and my girlfriend were thinking about geting vinnie a play mate but i think he is about to brumate, so can any1 give any info weather to or not thatnks :D

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Beardies are solitary, and putting two together generally stresses them out and takes an overall toll on their health. If you have two that have already lived together their whole lives, they may be used to it, but if you have one alone, it would not be wise to put another in with it.

markholmes

Original Poster
k thanks shal i wait until hes finished brumation? would it be ok to get another bd about march time next year ?

LJean

Extreme Poster
That is a good question. I'm not sure.. hmm.. is he fully brumating?

I don't have any experience introducing beardies. Someone here must have an opinion on best time to introduce.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
From the sounds of it I'm assuming Vinnie is a male? If so, you don't want to put another dragon in with him any time. If it's another male, they will fight. If it's a female you can have problems with overbreeding and harassment, not to mention the huge investment of time and money that comes with properly breeding and raising dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom