beardie turning purple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok everyone my beardie puff jus got done with a complete shedand now where she use to be black is now turning bright purple. i got her about 3 months ago from a rich famaly on craigslist. the told me her mother was a profeshional reptile breeder and gave her granddauter (who i got her from really) has anyone seen this kind of morph? its only when she is really warmed up in happy... ill get a pic tomarrow she is sleeping right now :D she is like yellow/gold tan grey and purple now lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A picture would be great. There is a lavendar morph out there, but it is somewhat rare but it is around but limited. She must be very pretty in color.

Tracie

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
by BrandonDibble97487 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:38 pm

ok everyone my beardie puff jus got done with a complete shedand now where she use to be black is now turning bright purple. i got her about 3 months ago from a rich famaly on craigslist. the told me her mother was a profeshional reptile breeder and gave her granddauter (who i got her from really) has anyone seen this kind of morph? its only when she is really warmed up in happy... ill get a pic tomarrow she is sleeping right now she is like yellow/gold tan grey and purple now lol

I know EXACTLY what yer talking about lol my beardie bruce does the same thing, but ONLY when he is super warm.

Like when I give him his daily bath in warm water his colors will get REALLY light and the 3 stripes on his sides will get almost blue, it looks pretty awesome, I wish I could get him to stay like that.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
My beardie is turning orange. Not all orange just the head and he seemed like a normal morph. He also has a slight purplish color on his darkest spots. The purple does not stand out but the orange does the pouch they puff out is turning a deep orange red color with a bot of yellow. That one started out dull coloured then started getting colours.

I also have a orange dragon that appears more and more plain looking the older he gets. The whole tail and back portion is the standard grey coloring most bearded dragons have. I know it is not skin shedding issues since he can just shed his skin and he looks like that. It seems the head is the only part keeping the coloring. Infact the head is getting brighter while the rest of the body is getting a duller color.

Oh well it would be neat to have a seemingly regular bearded dragon with an orange head which by the looks of it both of my beardies may end up looking that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom