The biggest Bearded Dragon I ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
I seen a huge Bearded Dragon in a pet store that only specializes in reptiles and fish. They have on display this big bearded dragon and he is just huge. I wanted him so bad I asked to buy him they said he was not for sale. I offered them 500 dollars to have him I wanted him so much and they still would not sell him.

They told me all he does is eat all day long he just eats and naps and basks and of course poops that all he does. He is the fattest biggest bearded dragon I have ever seen. His tail was about as thick as the body of my water dragon. His head was huge and covered in big spikes.

I have never wanted a bearded dragon or any animal for that matter so badly.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, the most 'local', non-big-box pet store near me had a big ol' beardie, too. He was like their mascot, since he was never for sale. They just converted one of their display cases into a home for him. He was big, fat, and happy.
I'm so sad that they had to close shop :( One of the owners got sick, from what I hear. I miss Denny. He was so nice to me.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If this store closed down I would again go over and offer to buy the big beardie I bet then they would not say no. Unless of course a pet store worker wanted him more than me. Although the reptile shop now not far from me is actually more important to me then that beardie since he is cared for.

I just like him since all he does is eat. People say how much there bearded dragons eat and I never seen that. People would say there bd as a baby eats hundreds of crickets a day while mine would always get full after about 30 and some greens. I know that is all they want since I hand feed them to make them more tame.

Only problem is now they expect it and will not eat otherwise.

Weegie

Too bad they wouldn't sell him,but the pet store around here has one his head is 4 inches wide and 23 inches long. He was huge!My little boy said he was glad Weegie wasn't that big cuz he was scary looking that big.I thought he was cool.He was selling him for $400.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps the one you saw was a German Giant. They can get to be about 24 inches long. Their whole body is more massive than the standard sized beardie and their head is more elongated. We have a male GG and he is over 23" long at 1 yr old and still growing. They are the most gentle of all the beardies though.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Actually I may actually go there and take a picture if I can find my digital camera cord. Since a picture will not do much good without a way to get it on my computer to upload it. I will most likely still take the picture anyway and then find the cord or I may have to get a new camera cord.

wildestcard

Just a question guys
How much body size is considered to be a giant Beardie?
Cause i have a Female Dragon and My vet says its the biggest he as seen.
But Isis as a large part of her tail missing. so i can realy be sure.
From head to tail mine.
She as a 9 cm wide head (3.543 307 086 6 inch)
body 22 cm, ( 8.464 566 929 1 inch).

Is she that big or is the vet that young :)???

Thx

wildestcard

She will be 2 years in december

I have seen a couple in stores here and they all seen smaller tham my Isis.
I think if she is not a giant at least she is fat... :)
these is here around 3 months ago

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She is a good sized beardie, definitely not undernourished. :wink: I just measured our GG and his head is 4" wide and he's less than 1 1/2 yrs old. I'll put some pics up in a little while showing how his whole body is more massive. Our other 3 beardies are quite a bit smaller than him although they are yrs older.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
diamc":18871 said:
She is a good sized beardie, definitely not undernourished. :wink: I just measured our GG and his head is 4" wide and he's less than 1 1/2 yrs old. I'll put some pics up in a little while showing how his whole body is more massive. Our other 3 beardies are quite a bit smaller than him although they are yrs older.

Where'd you get your GG? And do you have a picture of him? I have wanted a GG for so long. It's sad that Beardies don't come monitor size :) haha

Kelsey

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, we got Widge from a petstore and they had purchased him from a reptile show in White Plains the wk before. The petstore had some concerns because he only had 1 eye develop, so we ended up taking him. We had NO idea that he was a GG at the time. I will download some pics into Photobucket then post them here, give me a few minutes.

Picture4520.jpg

atreyu917

Juvie Member
diamc":c5440 said:
Actually, we got Widge from a petstore and they had purchased him from a reptile show in White Plains the wk before. The petstore had some concerns because he only had 1 eye develop, so we ended up taking him. We had NO idea that he was a GG at the time. I will download some pics into Photobucket then post them here, give me a few minutes.

Picture4520.jpg

No problem! I just want a big lover lizard! I have seen GG crosses, but I don't really mind if it's just a run of the mill grey dragon. I just want a big one!!! I just know there is no promise that the GG crosses will get large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom